Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 23LSV Wakeshaper recomendations

riot138

This past weekend I lost my nauticurl shaper.  I purchased the shaper back in 2018 and it's honestly been great.  The one caveat I have had with it is that most people recommend the top of the shaper be slightly out of the water.  With the hull design on the 07LSV I can't achieve this and the shaper is an 1" or 2" under the water.  There are some newer shapers out since I bought this and I am wondering if some of these might now be better than just replacing the lost nauticurl with another one.  I was looking at the LiquidForce Edge Mega,  Liquid force Edge pro 2 or the Nauticul Slim.  Has anyone had any luck with these? 

I'm also not interested in a surf system like gsa or infinity.  They would be great but 90% of the time we are wake boarding so I can't justify spending the cash on a system like that.

Edited by riot138
  • 1 month later...

I just upgraded my wakeshaper on a 2009 23 Ride and noticed a large improvement. I went from a Swell wakesurf creator 2.0 to the Slim H3X Plus which has much more surf area and a way to rotate the fin based on the side of the boat it is placed on. Also the suction cups are much smaller on the Slim so it helps with the issue of find a spot on the hull.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran the Mission Delta with ok results on my 07 LSV.  My advice is if surfing is your thing buy a GSA this winter and have an awesome season next year.  Yes its worth it.