Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Radio HU relocation 99 sunsetter

Ullose272

I have a 97 Sunsetter and in general didn't like that head unit location so I pulled the old one out and replaced with a storage pocket from Cruchfield. I just bought a Fusion MS-BB100 which is a black box you can mount hidden under the dash with a simple wired remote you can mount somewhere accessible. My remote is getting mounted in the glove box. I run everything through BT so I have no need to really see it ever. Just another idea if you don't need a display and it takes up less space than making a new single DIN cutout.

Let us know what you end up doing. I have a 99 Sunsetter as well and I hate the stock HU location. I put a cheap HU in after the old one died and the volume knob randomly increases or decreases as it rubs on the HU cover. That location is much better suited as a glove box.

I no longer use my head unit on my 98.  I just run a Clarion EQ with bluetooth through an Exile dongle.  EQ mounted by right knee under dash.  Run speed control volume through Iphone app and works t***......probaly newer ways to do it but running this setup for 5+ years and be selling boat soon so not gonna change...