Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 - 25 LSVTrailer Option Opinions

4mc

Working on what I want for my boat order.  Is a triaxle trailer a must have for a 2022 - 25 LSV or will a tandem axle trailer suffice?

I plan to keep the boat on a slip 100% of time and would only need trailer for resale or occasional trip to dealer for service that cannot be completed dockside.

If it's a non-issue I'd rather put that money into the boat.

Edited by 4mc
More specific

A little help as a newbie.

Your best bet is to create one post with all of your 2022 25LSV questions in it. It’s the best place to get all the answers you need. 😉

Edited by Trizzil
4 hours ago, 4mc said:

Working on what I want for my boat order.  Is a triaxle trailer a must have for a 2022 - 25 LSV or will a tandem axle trailer suffice?

I plan to keep the boat on a slip 100% of time and would only need trailer for resale or occasional trip to dealer for service that cannot be completed dockside.

If it's a non-issue I'd rather put that money into the boat.

I’m a big fan of the triple. But for your usage model I’d skip the triple, the 18’s, etc. 

Make sure you at least get the steps at the back or you won’t be able to get in the boat when it’s on the trailer. I’d also get the bow step (it’s cheap). And don’t forget the rear transom straps. 

Edited by IXFE

I have a 2020 LSV 25 I purchased new from Waterski America.  It has a tandem axle with the 18's and has about the same usage as you expect.  Never have had any issues.  Distance is about 200 miles from dealer to dock, trails perfectly.  I do have the straps, the transom steps and the front step.  Agree on all of these options.

• 3 weeks later...

The tri-axle will tow marginally better on the highway, and will be slightly more difficult to maneuver on the ramp and when parking.  The towing difference will be most noticeable on a tow vehicle that is operating near or over it's design parameters. My F350 wouldn't care. My wife's Pallisade would.  This may have a small affect on resale. 

The triaxle looks more balanced under a 25 foot boat. May affect resale.

Nice 18's will affect resale. 

The triaxle will eat tires, but this won't matter for your use. 

When I say resale, it's more about making your boat standout from others, than getting a higher percentage of your money back. 

When I walk through my dealer's lot, or look at boats online, the trailer really does complete the package, and draw your eye. 

For my M220, I'm getting a tandem, rhino lining style paint that matches the boat, 18" wheels, bow steps and transom step, transom ratchets, and bow strap. Every year, 2 or 3 people here break their winch strap while towing. It is nice to have the backup. 

I'm still debating diamond plate vs soft grip on the trailer. 

my dealer says that you can only get 18's on the triaxle and you can not get 18's on the tandem due to the increased weight of the 2022 25 LSV.  anyone else heard the same?

I can't say whether 18" tandem is an option on the 25 LSV, but it is an option on the M220. 

The 25 LSV weighs 25 pounds less, but holds 20ish more gallons of fuel. 

Weight shouldn't be a barrier. 

Edited by bigskydoc

I just ordered my 2022 25 LSV.  Went with dual axle. Wheels will be 15s.  Did not need the tri since will keep boat on a lift and trailer in storage lot.  Either way, dealer indicated dual axle was sufficient.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

The new boat looks great on the triple! Hope it tows as good as it looks, especially with the equalizer leaf spring setup.

0F25BADC-2740-45BF-9466-2C86B21C27A6.thumb.jpeg.45092dabaf8bd0626af825674e5ed8bb.jpeg

957CB79F-7CB6-4D98-8054-B9AE8B2ACC14.thumb.jpeg.c895109486c96527fe86ade9cba9c7e8.jpeg

For reference, this triple axle trailer has a GVWR of 9,999 lbs. The tandem (Boatmate torsion axle) trailer my MXZ rode on had a GVWR of 11,000 lbs.

CB103417-A930-4316-9E0E-16DD56CA9315.thumb.jpeg.141ba9c6c5b202ab92ff55212fdc93fb.jpeg

6C95127C-1594-4759-A5E0-E3B448F8E763.thumb.jpeg.595ef0bb4d6328462d49be3ed89f0f66.jpeg

• Like 3
6 hours ago, DFW said:

The new boat looks great on the triple! Hope it tows as good as it looks, especially with the equalizer leaf spring setup.

0F25BADC-2740-45BF-9466-2C86B21C27A6.thumb.jpeg.45092dabaf8bd0626af825674e5ed8bb.jpeg

957CB79F-7CB6-4D98-8054-B9AE8B2ACC14.thumb.jpeg.c895109486c96527fe86ade9cba9c7e8.jpeg

For reference, this triple axle trailer has a GVWR of 9,999 lbs. The tandem (Boatmate torsion axle) trailer my MXZ rode on had a GVWR of 11,000 lbs.

Looks gorgeous! I was heading over to WSA this afternoon to compare the new 25LSV and the T250. The guys there told me they had both OH. (customer boats) I love the triple look...just hate turning them on a concrete parking lot or backing them around the corner on my driveway at the lake.

I am still on the fence. My order is in with a double but that boat looks the part. My order is for an axis t250 so pricing might be a bit different, but I already ordered with the upgraded 18” wheels etc . Your boat looks amazing @DFW

13 hours ago, DFW said:

I would venture to guess that someone got caught. 

That 9,999 lb rating puts it under DOT rating of 10k. If the trailer is over 10k then it requires a class A commercial license. Unless it is an RV. With a restroom and cooking. IIRC
I was wondering how long it would take to come across this. 

We deal with this on utility trailers all the time. You would be amazed the number of 14k utility trailers that have stickers of 9,999 lb. I have a lot of very close friends/contractor that asked the trailer dealers to derate them. 
And don’t even get me started on over 40’ long  when CHP gets out of the truck and grabs his tape , you can pretty much guarantee a ticket  

Even the 19 Ram 3500 I purchased and put a utility bed on is rated at 10k. At 10,001 pounds a whole new set of rules comes into play. 

Edited by Sparky450

In Texas the magic number is 26,000 pounds combined. At 26,001 a class A CDL is required. Hard to believe this could come into play for a surf boat, but, if you’re using a 1 ton dually (14,000 GVWR) to pull that new diesel powered 27 LSV complete with 150 gallon fuel tank…

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2021 at 10:32 PM, DFW said:

Are these Krank wheels?  I sure hope so because that's what I have ordered and they look sweet!

Hi, I just ordered the 2022 25 LSV with the triple trailer. I'm upgrading from a 2018 Axis T23. I've towing the Axis with a GMC Sierra AT4 with a payload of 1472 pounds. My concern is that the 25LSV with the triple axle will put me over my payload capacity. Does anybody know how much the triple axle trailer weighs?

It will be heavier, and I don't know the difference in weight, but it will pull SO much better going down the road that I don't think the difference in weight will be all that noticeable.  My 247 LSV on a triple axle pulls WAY better than my old Tigé 21v, and it definitely weighs more. 

Thanks DFW! What are you using to tow the 25 LSV and triple axle trailer? Also, is that 650 pounds of tongue weight with anything else loaded up in the boat? (Gear, fuel, etc). Thanks for your help!

22 hours ago, cubbiesfan2016 said:

Thanks DFW! What are you using to tow the 25 LSV and triple axle trailer? Also, is that 650 pounds of tongue weight with anything else loaded up in the boat? (Gear, fuel, etc). Thanks for your help!

Ram 2500 w/Cummins. I would round the tongue weight to 700lbs. That picture includes at least 50% fuel load and most of our gear.