Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Divorced for only 6 months

mrothwell

It was only 6 months ago that I saw her leave for good. I knew that I needed to get on with my life, but it is sometimes difficult to "get back on the bike". After all, she was a significant part of my life, I was unsure that I could find another that I could get along with, one that would be interested in what I was interested in. It seems that so many, these days, are only interested in one thing, and unfortunately it just is not the same thing that I am interested in. Most of 'em are much too "large" for my tastes.

After several months of looking at pictures from an internet service, and asking others opinions, I finally decided to get back in the game. I scheduled an afternoon, very casual, get-together with one that appeared to meet my requirements/desires. Not knowing what to expect, and even thinking down deep inside that I wanted to find flaws to give myself an "out". But after an hour together, I realized that I can fall in love again.

I know, you are all saying, "Dude, you just met, don't be stupid like that, give it some time". I know it seems like I'm moving too fast, but I gotta say that I felt a real "connection". That new Cut Diamond hull on the VTX rocks. It handled better than my SSLxi and nearly as well as my Echelon. The wake seemed a little better than my SSLxi also, but given the conditions yesterday it is hard to tell. But, it is definitely skiable and in the same ballpark.

Now, I've just gotta see if I want to shell out the money I know a new woman can cost a guy. Man, divorce can be expensive.

That new Cut Diamond hull on the VTX rocks. It handled better than my SSLxi and nearly as well as my Echelon. The wake seemed a little better than my SSLxi also, but given the conditions yesterday it is hard to tell. But, it is definitely skiable and in the same ballpark.

Seriously? This is one thread I definitely don't want to be reading if my wife is around...

That new Cut Diamond hull on the VTX rocks. It handled better than my SSLxi and nearly as well as my Echelon. The wake seemed a little better than my SSLxi also, but given the conditions yesterday it is hard to tell. But, it is definitely skiable and in the same ballpark.

Seriously? This is one thread I definitely don't want to be reading if my wife is around...

You could even dig that hole deeper by saying the "new" one has bigger and better ballast, and that the trunk is smaller. Crazy.gif

You could even dig that hole deeper by saying the "new" one has bigger and better ballast, and that the trunk is smaller. Crazy.gif

Yeah, but she has more weight in her rear end. Biggrin.gif

Yeah, but she has more weight in her rear end. Biggrin.gif

He nothing wrong with a weighted rear end as long as the gel coat is smooth and firm. ;)

Somehow I knew this thread would take an ugly turn.

I wonder how many people avoided it based on the subject line alone.

Here's some pix of the wake. Conditions weren't the best.

some wind,

water temp - 35

air temp - 50

rope - 60'

skier - out of shape.

post-135-1168459306_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrothwell
It was only 6 months ago that I saw her leave for good. I knew that I needed to get on with my life, but it is sometimes difficult to "get back on the bike". After all, she was a significant part of my life, I was unsure that I could find another that I could get along with, one that would be interested in what I was interested in. It seems that so many, these days, are only interested in one thing, and unfortunately it just is not the same thing that I am interested in. Most of 'em are much too "large" for my tastes.

After several months of looking at pictures from an internet service, and asking others opinions, I finally decided to get back in the game. I scheduled an afternoon, very casual, get-together with one that appeared to meet my requirements/desires. Not knowing what to expect, and even thinking down deep inside that I wanted to find flaws to give myself an "out". But after an hour together, I realized that I can fall in love again.

I know, you are all saying, "Dude, you just met, don't be stupid like that, give it some time". I know it seems like I'm moving too fast, but I gotta say that I felt a real "connection". That new Cut Diamond hull on the VTX rocks. It handled better than my SSLxi and nearly as well as my Echelon. The wake seemed a little better than my SSLxi also, but given the conditions yesterday it is hard to tell. But, it is definitely skiable and in the same ballpark.

Now, I've just gotta see if I want to shell out the money I know a new woman can cost a guy. Man, divorce can be expensive.

It sounds like you now have your priorities perfectly in line!

Good luck with these important decisions, this life goes by fast and happiness is a right of all of us.

Always remember that there are PLENTY other fish in/on the lake or river, if one just doesn't work out, either leave her on the dock or take her back to the dock and drop her off before heading back out again.

I hope you find a compatible watersports companion to enjoy your life on the water with that doesn't become an anchor on lifestyle.

"A good catch jumps in the boat willingly and stays there, the ones that have to be hooked, reeled in and netted just don't belong anyway"

Congrats on the boat... though regarding the pics, you're a MUCH bigger man than me to deal with that water temp for thoooooosssse conditions...

Not the best looking winter skiing. Guess after you long time off the sadle, you're ride anything ;)

What speed is the boat going in those pics?

That speed was about 33/34 mph. I typically ski at 34 and it felt very close to my normal speed. But the cold water also feels a little faster to me.

Congrats on the boat... though regarding the pics, you're a MUCH bigger man than me to deal with that water temp for thoooooosssse conditions...

Not the best looking winter skiing. Guess after you long time off the sadle, you're ride anything ;)

Well, duh!

Guess after you long time off the sadle, you're ride anything
Crazy.gif Wakeboarder grammar. Crazy.gif

ROFL.gif Too funny! One of the first things that popped into my head after reading that line was 2 Live Crew...

Sending Donnieb a link to this thread right now. :)

Hey, thanks Tracie! This is super!

Great shots, MRothwell! And great story. You had me going for the first two paragraphs! :)

Boy...it looks cold! You're a brave man!

How was the wake? It looks very impressive for a V-Drive. Did you load up the ballasts and check out the surfing wake?

Thanks!

Donnie