Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Take me to Malibu RPM School

4mc

Getting ready to order 25 LSV 2022.  Have never really paid to much attention to RPS in my Yamaha 242 SE.

Take me to RPM school.  What do I need to know and watch for on my new 25 LSV?

Also, what kinds off gas mileage is everyone getting with current 25 LSV with M6 engine?

You will have a 90 gallon fuel tank.  I bet you can't use it all in one day.  Buying a boat for 150K+ is probably not a good idea if you can't afford the fuel.  

All jabs aside, it varies so much depending on the activity.  Cruising at 32 MPH will burn fuel extremely quick, tubing less and surfing somewhere in between.  I would get about 8-10 GPH with my M6 25LSV with a mix of activities.  That is engine hour mind you, and getting 9 hours of engine time in a day would be impossible for me.  We stop, we listen to music, we swim, we eat some snacks, so 9 hours was next to impossible for me.  If you idle a lot, you will get better GPH.  When my wife surfs, we use quite a bit of fuel, because she never falls (doesn't really do anything but carve either), and likes to surf like that for 30 minutes straight.  Other guys I go with are falling left and right, so idling back to my rider makes those guys more fuel efficient.  

I agree 100% with the smiles per gallon approach.  

If it helps our most recent trip we burned about 7 gal per (engine) hour for a mix of surfing and lake cruising (at 23 mph) in a 20201 23 MXZ with the M6 with std prop.  Boat had between 10 and 13 people in it at all times, mostly adults.

32 MPH is not your friend, from what I have seen that starts getting into the 20+ GPH range.  When my son wants to go faster than the 23 MPH cruse driving back I tell him he will have to Venmo me for the fun time.  :-) 

The fuel gauge has never worked on ours so we just fill up every Saturday. And we get visitors that offer to pay for gas. We watch their reaction when its $250. We don't expect anyone to pay but we gracefully and gratefully accept it when they do.

3 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

You will have a 90 gallon fuel tank.

The 19 25LSV  holds 83 gallons.

The 22 25LSV holds 103 gallons. 

I have never used a full tank of fuel, in a day, on my 19 25LSV.

21 minutes ago, 4mc said:

This info helps.  I just sold .y Yamaha jet boat which burned about gallons per outing tubing.  Probably 10 or more when surfing.  50 gallon tank.

This is from boaters magazine on a mxz 24 with the m6. 

CF86B952-3DC2-4C5F-82D9-C6A7446DD3D0

11 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

You will have a 90 gallon fuel tank.  I bet you can't use it all in one day.  Buying a boat for 150K+ is probably not a good idea if you can't afford the fuel.  

All jabs aside, it varies so much depending on the activity.  Cruising at 32 MPH will burn fuel extremely quick, tubing less and surfing somewhere in between.  I would get about 8-10 GPH with my M6 25LSV with a mix of activities.  That is engine hour mind you, and getting 9 hours of engine time in a day would be impossible for me.  We stop, we listen to music, we swim, we eat some snacks, so 9 hours was next to impossible for me.  If you idle a lot, you will get better GPH.  When my wife surfs, we use quite a bit of fuel, because she never falls (doesn't really do anything but carve either), and likes to surf like that for 30 minutes straight.  Other guys I go with are falling left and right, so idling back to my rider makes those guys more fuel efficient.  

That is for the unsolicited financial advice.  Good here.  Would not buy a boat that I could not afford fuel to run. All boat talk aside, you might find 1 or more real friends in life if you tone down the arrogance.  Friends are better than sycophants.

17 hours ago, 4mc said:

That is for the unsolicited financial advice.  Good here.  Would not buy a boat that I could not afford fuel to run. All boat talk aside, you might find 1 or more real friends in life if you tone down the arrogance.  Friends are better than sycophants.

Thanks for the unsolicited advice on how to win friends and influence people.  

You are welcome. Hope it serves you well.  Though not really advice or input on how to influence people.  More of an observation on your earlier post.  

Edited by 4mc