Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakemakers Piggyback Sacks leaking from the black fittings that are glued to the grey sack material. Ideas on how to fix?

95echelon

My custom wakemakers piggyback kit sprung 3+ leaks from the circular fittings in the bag itself (the black piece with the female threads in it). It's not leaking from the fittings themselves at all. The thread below goes into some detail on this, but I am curious if anyone has experience repairing it. The bags are 4-5 years old so I doubt I will have luck getting them replaced by wakemakers. It appears the bags rolled over or twisted while filling and put lateral pressure on these fittings. Unfortunately they are leaking enough that the bag will empty during a short session and the bilge is running the whole time to keep up.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796201

PS: if I end up replacing the bags, I am assuming that the best approach is to remove the factory hard tanks (and the floor), pop in 1100 pound v-drive sacks, and do reversible pumps. The piggyback system can be a big PITA to fill and drain.

problem can happen again, use longer lines that loop back to fitting to relieve pressure, some have cleaned and heat welded them with success but not me, buy new snd reroute/fix your plumbing

I have this same issue on the wave makers semi-custom bags for my 25lsv. They both started gushing water from the pnp bottom fill fitting seams. 3 or 4 seasons old. Seems like planned obsolescence or just under-engineering that vinyl weld.

I contacted them and they say they will replace. They are out of warranty so I didn’t expect that but it might be worth a try for you. They originally offered a 40% discount before their ballast guy looked at the pictures. 

16 hours ago, 95echelon said:

I contacted them and they say they will replace. They are out of warranty so I didn’t expect that but it might be worth a try for you. They originally offered a 40% discount before their ballast guy looked at the pictures. 

that's great customer service in their brand name bag!! but the problem started with a bind on the port when full (this same problem occurs with all sacs regardless of brand ) due to incorrect plumbing routes and lengths and straight vs 90 degree quick connects, my sumos no longer fail this way after pnp renovation  

One of my Wakemakers piggy back bags separated from the gray bag material.  I just used a large amount of marine adhesive and glued it back in.  Seems to be holding fine four months later.  

20 hours ago, Slaney said:

One of my Wakemakers piggy back bags separated from the gray bag material.  I just used a large amount of marine adhesive and glued it back in.  Seems to be holding fine four months later.  

what adhesive?, 5200 did nothing for me but i think there was a log of silt/dirt in adhesion seem and the only way to clean that would be to separate  it further , bought new bag and took the bind off

On 8/7/2021 at 10:07 AM, granddaddy55 said:

what adhesive?, 5200 did nothing for me but i think there was a log of silt/dirt in adhesion seem and the only way to clean that would be to separate  it further , bought new bag and took the bind off

I used the fast cure 400 from 3m

• 2 weeks later...

Just reporting back that WakeMakers support took care of me. Took a little escalation as I was a little out of warranty but they earned a customer for life.