Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Draft of 27” on A22 - is that fully loaded or empty?

TommyTuna

Hi folks - would like to understand how the draft of Axis boats is spec’d as I am trying to sort my new lift setup and depth of lift plus lake is a bit shallow at certain docking spots we use. Is 27” draft spec on A22 at fully loaded and full ballast or is it spec’d at 27” when boat is empty?

empty, you would have been better off with the older vandall (shallower hull and therefore lower tower height for your bridge) and you would have had THIS warm summer season and a very capable surf boat, you are over thinking this and lost out snd you'll be lucky to have a boat by next may, (yea i get thats good for you guys up north ) spending way more money than an extremely reliable boat MY that surfs great!!!

or worse taking delivery in Canada snd paying a note in your winter or spring (which is our winter ) 

save some money, check out these  boats in person this fall and spring, sell the used one next year (OR NOT) and order what you know you will like and want this fall or spring after demoing these models or at least seeing them in person when they arrive at dealer for others

Edited by granddaddy55

the older Vandall is gone now and the used market prices have been pretty nuts up here. I'd like to go for new one with warranty and getting it by April/May 2022 is fine by me.  I expect the resale to hold up super well.

Dealer has a 2021 they'll let me test out before I put my final order in.  Leap of faith on the Garmin and some of other new features unless others take delivery and post pics/vids here.