Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge Won't Go Down

Boat: 2012 vRide 21

I hit the button and it just yells 'get out of the way' but nothing happens - won't move at all.  I've tried it at idle, or moving slowly (read something about a safety feature where it needs to be moving - not sure if that applies to my wedge or not).  I see a bank of breakers kind of under the throttle but no fuse block under the dash at all, and none of the breakers are labeled wedge.  I did trace a power cable coming off the Lenco control box that had an inline 30amp fuse.  The fuse looked fine and when pulled did seem to disable the wedge completely.  Any other ideas of what I can try before taking it to the shop?  I know the boat is a bit unique and most folks have the Wakesetter line on here, but I think the wedge is common between them (or at least the earlier wakesetters).  We can totally wakeboard behind this boat w/o the wedge but surf is another story unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!

Brent

@BCoch

My neighbor just purchased a 2012 VLX and assume that the wedge system is similar. The wedge would not operate and we discovered that the previous owner had removed both 5 amp fuses for Wedge Up and Wedge Down. These fuses are located in the Medallion box under the helm and you have to remove the cover to see the fuses. 

I would start there and let us know if those fuses are good.

@BCoch

You probably already found it but under the drivers helm these is a black plastic cover about 8"x10" with a sticker says "Medallion" control box or something like that. There are two push clips on each of the long sides and are easy to take off. You will then see all the fuses for your electrical system. There will also be a "bypass" fuse position that will bypass the Lenco control box which is a good way to troubleshoot if you have a bad actuator.

Just got a text from my neighbor and will probably be helping him replace his actuators tomorrow in case you have to do that also.

Good luck and let me know if you have any easy questions.