Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 25 LSV Owners Share You Exlerience

4mc

All new 2022 25 LSV owners please share your experience on the water (as you get your boats).  How does the new higher freeboard and weight handle the chop?  How are the surf waves with new hull, etc...

7 hours ago, 4mc said:

All new 2022 25 LSV owners please share your experience on the water (as you get your boats).  How does the new higher freeboard and weight handle the chop?  How are the surf waves with new hull, etc...

I think only less than 10 have been delivered across the country so far and may only be 5-7.  A large number are being built in August.   Mine has a spray date first week of August and our dealer has 4-5 others being built in August as well.  My understanding is Malibu released 5 ‘22 25LSVs to the top dealers in each region in July to get them out on the water right before 4th of July and the rest will start trickling in around mid to late August.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 3:31 PM, 4mc said:

I started this post prematurely in July.  I'm am hearing that 25 LSVs are starting to be delivered.  Post pics and details here.  Surf wave, etc...

Bump.....  :rockon:

I crawled all around inside one at my dealer today . They have not had it on the water yet, just tons of people looking and ordering . I think they said that had a dozen ordered already . They have had it almost a month . Pretty loaded, lt4 , gx tower etc. makes me excited for the t250 I ordered . Sorry I don’t have any input on how it does . Fwiw I was able to check out a m220 at the same time just to see. The 25 lsv is pretty awesome. The loungers are cool . For a minute I thought I should change my order. Then the numbers reminded me :) 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2022-Malibu-Boats-25-LSV-for-sale-Atascadero-California-126819.aspx

This one looks great.  Look at the black / blue flake.  New color right?

That is one sweet looking boat. New color is awesome.  Hope to see more pics and surf wave info soon...

Was begining to think the new 25LSV was a mythical creature.

I am going to bet that little badge on the surf gate doesn't stand up to surfing pressure for too many hours.  Does the depression in the surfgate serve any useful purpose?  

Beautiful boat!  

I'm wondering how that dealership gets diamond tread plate on the trailer instead of the soft grip.  I tried to get that on my order and my dealer said Malibu doesn't do that.

9 minutes ago, MTSurf said:

I'm wondering how that dealership gets diamond tread plate on the trailer instead of the soft grip.  I tried to get that on my order and my dealer said Malibu doesn't do that.

It’s an option and I check that box every year. 

2 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

I am going to bet that little badge on the surf gate doesn't stand up to surfing pressure for too many hours.  Does the depression in the surfgate serve any useful purpose?  

Beautiful boat!  

To me that badge looks like it could be backing for the actuator mounting points.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, NWBU said:

It’s an option and I check that box every year. 

Starting to feel like my salesman just didn't want to take the time to get me accurate info.  Was also told the manual flip down swim step wasn't available anymore.  Two things I would have really liked to have had on my build.

@MTSurf Depending on your “actual” build date, you can add or delete items to the build up to the week before the build without having any issues. I did this first hand on my build with no issues. As long as the process is dragging out now you shouldn’t have an issue unless something has changed at Malibu since 2019. If the sales person is telling you otherwise, I would call BS and ask to speak to the sales manager to get it straightened out. 

1 hour ago, MTSurf said:

Starting to feel like my salesman just didn't want to take the time to get me accurate info.  Was also told the manual flip down swim step wasn't available anymore.  Two things I would have really liked to have had on my build.

The manual flip down step is still available too and will be on my 2022 build.

32 minutes ago, MTSurf said:

the manual is available.

build sheet.JPG

• Like 2