Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

21 LX

HPetit

Interesting. The copy seems to be all about the comfort outside the video

I doubt the diamond hull makes a decent ski wake. There was about 3 sec of skiing about 2/3 of the way through the video so they certainly aren’t marketing it as a crossover.

Edited by braindamage
ahopkins22LSV
55 minutes ago, braindamage said:

Interesting. The copy seems to be all about the comfort outside the video

I doubt the diamond hull makes a decent ski wake. There was about 3 sec of skiing about 2/3 of the way through the video so they certainly aren’t marketing it as a crossover.

The previous 21VLX ski wake actually setup quite nicely at higher speeds. I’d suspect it is pretty good on the diamond hull and I’d guess why they kept the beam at 98” like the vtx. 

• Like 3

I would like to see this in a 23' boat, but with a 102" beam.  Does anybody see this bow design going into any of the LSV's down the road?  I know this is similar to the M bow, but more in line with the price of a 23LSV.  It is nice for the people that prefer the traditional bow, but like the extra room up front.  Overall, this was a nice improvement/replacement for the 21VLX.

I really like the lines of this boat.  However, doesn't this feel like it is taking the lines from Nautique GS and a bow from a centurion Ri?  It would be great to see this bow in a 23 LSV.

• Like 2

I love the lines of the new 21LX. My first thought to myself watching the release video, "wow that bow looks like a GS20 or GS22 from Nautique and That "Hockey Stick" stripe looks like the old G23 color transition!" I love the interior and how they incorporated the new speaker grilles and diamond paneling into the cupholder areas.

When they say entry level boat under $100k, is that a base price?

On 7/23/2021 at 9:35 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

The previous 21VLX ski wake actually setup quite nicely at higher speeds. I’d suspect it is pretty good on the diamond hull and I’d guess why they kept the beam at 98” like the vtx. 

Looking forward to your skiing review @ahopkinsVTX ! 
Wondering if this might be the replacement for my 2012 TXi ....

Cheers

Andrew

ahopkins22LSV
4 hours ago, Punyelroo said:

Looking forward to your skiing review @ahopkinsVTX ! 
Wondering if this might be the replacement for my 2012 TXi ....

Cheers

Andrew

Funny I was just talking to a friend how I’m really interested and intrigued by this boat. I definitely want to demo it. Don’t know what we would do but it’s definitely on my mind. 

6 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Funny I was just talking to a friend how I’m really interested and intrigued by this boat. I definitely want to demo it. Don’t know what we would do but it’s definitely on my mind. 

Not sure the difference between this and your VTX?

No center pylon, 1 foot of cabin space and over 1000#.........seems like a large weight difference

Edited by Sixer
ahopkins22LSV
13 hours ago, braindamage said:

Not sure the difference between this and your VTX?

Yeah mainly the extra space. I’m still fortunate enough to have quite a few friends with dedicated ski boats so it is intriguing to see how it would ski or if a setup could be found to have a good ski wake to gain the extra space. With all of my friends and us including have a toddler or more now, more space definitely would not hurt haha.

5 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Yeah mainly the extra space. I’m still fortunate enough to have quite a few friends with dedicated ski boats so it is intriguing to see how it would ski or if a setup could be found to have a good ski wake to gain the extra space. With all of my friends and us including have a toddler or more now, more space definitely would not hurt haha.

I don't think you'd like skiing being that thing.  Rely on your friends with DD's and upgrade for family space.....my 23 may be available soon if you're interested in that.......

It’s just interesting that it’s not marketed as a 21VTX. Not sure if that doesn’t have as much equity or if they are targeting a different demographic. 

1 hour ago, braindamage said:

It’s just interesting that it’s not marketed as a 21VTX. Not sure if that doesn’t have as much equity or if they are targeting a different demographic. 

I suspect it's both.  While you could ski behind it, it's likely nothing like the VTX simply based on the weight.  1,000 # is a lot of weight to add to a boat if you plan on skiing it at all.  From a marketing perspective, it seems clear that it's targeting a younger crowd who may not be able to swallow the cost of the LSV or MXZ line of bigger boats.  

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say this is the best looking new Malibu released in the last 7 years.

And they didn't do the promo boat in that awful dark green!  

• Like 2