Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop change?

n8urelover

I have a (new to me) 2009 Response TXI.  It has a pretty significant bump in the wake at 15 off (where we all currently ski). I hear that changing the prop pitch (taking a tiny bit out) would help with that.  Thoughts on that being effective?

Does anyone have any advice on the correct prop I should be using to minimize the wake?  I would have thought by 2009 the wake would be smaller.  Disappointed for sure.

Slalom- course skied behind them all 1997 to 2012 TXI's. The 2008 to 2011 first version on the new TXI hull had that issue down to 28 off beyond that it was fine. I would try to slow down the prop speed some it may help. You probably have a ACME 525 if you went to a 515 that is a larger diameter or the next step larger should change the prop wash. I run a 515 on my 2012 TXI that has the best wake at all lengths that i have ever skied on. I had a 525 to start also. The notable difference was pulling power was down with the 515. We now have to roll hard on to wide open to get the average weight slalom skier out in a reasonable amount of time, the 525 prop was much better.  Good luck and hope this helps i feel your frustration.