Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Morse MV3 Throttle Control Unit failure

I have an 06 247 with an 8.1. It has a Morse MV3 throttle. Had some issues with the boat going into limp mode and will only idle. Took it to the dealer and they say the throttle is bad after they hooked it up to a scan tool. The throttle is now discontinued and I can't find a replacement anywhere. Can I do a retrofit with a new Livorsi throttle or what are my options here? I think my Morse unit is electronic throttle and cable to transmission. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

IDSL - appears that no one replied with any info.  I have a similar issue with a 2005 Response LXi with 340 hp Monsoon with the Morse MV-3 Throttle Control.  Just happened last night - where boat is in "limp mode"  where I can shift and engage forward or reverse but only idle operation - the throttle control even has limp feeling, like it just falls forward to full throttle with no resistance and RPMs do not increase beyond idle.  Were you able to make a repair?

The most likely cause is a worn out tee nut at the end of the cable.  They are cheap to replace, so get four and do both ends of both cables.

Count the turns as you remove them so you can put the new ones on the same without having to adjust them.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Justgary - you were spot on.  I bought a coupe 2 packs of the barrel / tee nuts that just spin on and then cotter pin holds in place.  Simple fix.  The old one had sheared in half so there was nothing connecting the throttle handle to the cable.