Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop Choice for Powell!

Maxiect90

Looking for some opinions😁 for lake Powell! 

Acme  2277

or 

Acme 2249

2021- 22 LSV, M6di. 

Surfing and wakeboarding mostly. 

what do you all think? I’m on the fence. 

What’s your normal elevation and what prop do you use there?

We go from 5280 - 8500’ (sometimes higher) at home, so Powell is low elevation for us. Ive never changed props (although I probably should above about 7500’). 

And tons of patience. Only one launch open... for now.... Saw a video on Instagram of miles of parked trucks and trailers on the side of the road leading up to it. Bummer for sure.

ramps

1 hour ago, BlindSquirrel said:

And tons of patience. Only one launch open... for now.... Saw a video on Instagram of miles of parked trucks and trailers on the side of the road leading up to it. Bummer for sure.

ramps

One launch at each end. And they are renovating the old stateline ramp. We will be ok to launch small boats. At least through the summer. 

And FWIW, Halls closed yesterday. Bullfrog and Wahweap have a launch open. 

Edited by RyanB
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Cool. Bet the line is shorter since the website says they are closed. :rockon:

It is a bit of a mess. We launched July 1 at Bullfrog. It was 1.5 miles from the launch ramp to the parking lot. 

Wahweap is open.  The ramp is at the end of the concrete, but there are metal grates that go another 60 horizontal feet into the water.    Doing the math, launching a 60 foot houseboat is getting pretty sketchy, so the last notice I saw said that launching and retreiving houseboats is going to be banned this weekend.  Launching our baby wakeboats is not a problem.  I would probably not trust the metal grates to 2WD, however.