Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Something 'new' is comming

AussieSkier

9 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That seemed to have some features of the vlx/mlx series. I’m guessing a new vlx. Maybe a 23vlx. 

The VLX is due for a redesign.  I wonder if they will rebrand it as an LSV like they did with the 22VLX.  Maybe a 21LSV.

4 hours ago, Slayer said:

My understanding is that it's just "LX" now and the MLX is gone.  Note the styling cues in the bow......it's a hybrid of sorts between the former VLX & MLX.

I really like the front of that.  Kind of similar to the front end of some of the new Axis boats.  The beam is also a little wider than the current VLX, which doesn't seem like much, but is much better when you are in it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Hemmy said:

I really like the front of that.  Kind of similar to the front end of some of the new Axis boats.  The beam is also a little wider than the current VLX, which doesn't seem like much, but is much better when you are in it.

It looks a lot like the new Axis T220 coming out. 

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Hemmy said:

I saw that it was still 98"

Looks like there is a discrepancy between the two sites...

Edited by hunter77ah
correction
1 minute ago, hunter77ah said:

Well I guess we are both right and one of them is wrong.  Wider would make a nice improvement in that boat compared to my current 21VLX.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Hemmy said:

Well I guess we are both right and one of them is wrong.  Wider would make a nice improvement in that boat compared to my current 21VLX.

They all should be 102" wide.  IMO, it makes no sense for a smaller width boat.  

• Like 2

I like the look of the boat, especially the front. It is too bad they kept it at 98” wide.  Small beam and draft will help keep it in that crossover boat category. It did gain a few hundred pounds of weight. 500 more than my 17.

I wonder if their interpretation of DOT rules is the reasoning behind the 98" beam.  Adding 2" on each side for loading guides would give the full 102".