Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wedge sensor readings

I have a 2015 VLX. More often than not when I try to use the wedge no matter what position I choose it goes straight to lift and stays there. Occasionally it will just all of the sudden function normally but not for long. Using either the touch screen or the wedge buttons by the volume knob if any position is selected there is noise as if it is trying to move but it doesn't. As I can move the wedge from the debug screen it doesn't seem like it would be an actuator problem. In the debug screen I am showing 4.07v when the wedge is all the way down. I believe from reading that is supposed to be .53. When manually moving the wedge with the up and down buttons the voltage doesn't change all the way through the full range of motion. I even disconnected the sensor at a harness by the relay pack and was still showing a reading of 2.5 (seems that should be 0 with the sensor disconnected). Any advice on what the problem could be would be greatly appreciated. I have had it to the local Malibu dealer 3 times now and they keep telling me it is fixed and it never is. I am in Montana and boat service shops are few and far between. Sorry if this is a repeat of an earlier topic but I have read many and can't find one with this particular problem.

I have seen unusual wedge sensor problems caused by a loose or faulty magnetic bolt underneath the sensor.  If the bolt rotates or does not interact with the inductive sensor properly it is almost impossible to get a consistent reading which will cause problems with the wedge.  Any loose, corroded, open, or shorted connections on the wedge power, ground, or sensor circuits will also cause issues.