Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 M220

Hollie2021

We have a ballast not draining, a speaker cover broke off and the Bimini top snapped. We have maybe 25 hours on ours and it’s just upsetting.  We are going into our dealer tomorrow to talk to them about the issues. 

Hmm, now that you mention it. My Bimini is super tight. Like a drum. I am seeing stress points on it. 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope the dealer gets you fixed up quick. 

@granddaddy55 nope, we were in the water taking it to the dock.  Running maybe 25-30 and we have done it several times before.  We’ve owned boats before but this was our first Malibu. 

Edited by Hollie2021

Has the dealer attempted and failed to fix these?   Boats like these are bound to have issues - its how they get addressed that turns it into an issue (or not).  Warranties exist for exactly this reason - get it squared away in a timely manor and you'll be good to go.

If its a reoccurring problem (poor design?), or the dealer doesn't take care of it as they should, then there is reason for concern.

@chadwick02i appreciate your response! We are about to find out in an hour or so when they open.  Fingers crossed they will repair all issues and not have any problems what so ever.  

54 minutes ago, Brianborder said:

Best boat I have had to date.  90hours so far with no issues except some small non skid decking peeling up in the corner. 

Did u test drive any other models before purchasing?if so I would love to know what sold u on the 220?  I’ll be upgrading soon and will prob be between 25lsv , 220 , or possibly ri245. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 1:16 PM, Hollie2021 said:

Anyone else purchase a 2021 M220?  If so, have you had any issues with it?  

During our 10 hour break-in our entire engine shut down (M6di). Very disappointing. Discovered that cylinder 6 valve spring wasn't working due to some strike that went on with General Motors in 2020. They ended up having to replace the entire engine for a new one and took 3 weeks out of our summer. Very upsetting these quality issues given its a brand new "M" boat with the price we paid. Other than that, our soft-grip flooring is peeling up in various places. We've found that the places that the flooring comes to a thin point, they're peeling up. We'll try to get that covered with the warranty this winter.

Very disappointing to say the least with a brand new boat, but the comparison of this surf/wakeboard wave compared to our old 2020 23 lsv is incomparable. The M220 is far superior than anything I've ever seen, which is thankfully making us leave this year on a high-note. Hoping this doesn't happen again to anyone else.

In all fairness, the valve spring thing affected any manufacturer who was using the GM engines including GM vehicles themselves.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
More info.
  • Like 2

Alright, you folks all have me stoked on the 220. My dealer won't have one to demo for another month or 2. Got any surf pics or videos so I can see your wave? 

On 7/22/2021 at 6:29 AM, Hollie2021 said:

Update - we talked to our boat dealer and they are going to warranty all issues with the boat as well as the Bimini top.  I love our boat and I know with anything new,  issues will arise, it was just irritating.  We hit a lake that is 2.5 hours away and we keep our boat and rv down at the lake, so having to haul it back was the irritating part, but we will do it just to get it all fixed.  I must say our boat dealer is really awesome and they have worked with us. 

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but glad they are getting addressed. Todd & team @ Wilson's are top notch and I wouldn't expect anything other than this sort of service out of them. Hope you're back out on the lake enjoying that sweet 220 wave!

17 hours ago, carnold12 said:

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but glad they are getting addressed. Todd & team @ Wilson's are top notch and I wouldn't expect anything other than this sort of service out of them. Hope you're back out on the lake enjoying that sweet 220 wave!

I so agree! They have went above and beyond with us and our Malibu! 

23 hours ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

Alright, you folks all have me stoked on the 220. My dealer won't have one to demo for another month or 2. Got any surf pics or videos so I can see your wave? 

23 hours ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

If I knew how to add pictures or videos on here I would definitely share! We had a guy on our boat last weekend and he has a 2017 m240 I think it was and he complimented the M220 and how good the surfing was.