Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oopps on prop

I have a 2008 Malibu 23LSV and had an dumb moment happen today loading boat onto trailer and prop clipped trailer when throttle forward did not really bend prop atleast from what I can tell but did scratch it some and got boat back to house put fake a lake on it to make sure shaft isn’t bent and when putting boat outta gear at idle makes a constant small ticking noise almost as if it’s metal on metal but shaft is turning normal and so is the prop. Is that Tick since no resistance and it’s sitting on a trailer? I have never put it in gear until today sitting on trailer. 

Just now, Bozboat said:

Generally, Don’t put the boat in gear with engine running when it is out of the water. With motor off your can check by turning the prop by hand. 

Ahh we’ll definitely not do that again then and did spin prop and seemed to spin fine and only thing I noticed was just little slack when turning it from one direction other direction which seemed like normal minimal slack