Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 M6 heat exchanger seal

I have a 2019 25 lsv with the M6 engine.  I removed the cover to the heat exchanger to remove impeller parts from a failed impeller and it seems the seal for the heat exchanger is slightly larger than the heat exchanger so the seal buckles when trying to reinstall it.  Does anyone have any suggestions to reinstall the seal for the heat exchanger lid to make it easier?

Heat exchanger needed a new seal. I ordered the new part and got it installed easily. Dealer cleared the engine codes and boat works great now. 

• Like 2

I was late to this party unfortunately. For those that are the DIY types. When my M5 impeller finally needed to be replaced, of course it was shredded and the chunks needed to come out of the heat exchanger. Knowing that I wasn’t going to get a quick turn around on the inner lower gasket mentioned above, I just reused the old one. A 5/16” hose clamp and a 6mm Allen wrench will get the top pulled from the H/E. I removed the debris, set in the old gasket and where the extra gasket overlapped I cut the ends to slightly larger length and at a 45 degree angle. When I reinstalled the gasket I made sure the cut ends where visible through the hose intake port to make sure nothing moved when tightened down. Finally all 4 6mm were tightened down in a cross pattern. There is hardly any pressure run through the H/E so I knew a leak wasn’t going to be an issue. Hope this helps someone in the future. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does the dealer have to clear codes once the stage 1 code comes up or the codes will stop once debris are cleared and the boat is running fine?

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Hightom said:

Does the dealer have to clear codes once the stage 1 code comes up or the codes will stop once debris are cleared and the boat is running fine?

Thanks.

Mine had to be cleared by the dealer.