Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Infinity Wave on my 2007 VLX

Bradley Thornton

At this point I have really had time this year to play with the weights and better dial it in and give a review and weight info.

First off if you add this make sure you follow the install very close.  Mine wasn't installed perfect and took some adjusting. (The big thing is you want the tab as high out of the way as you can get it when not in use and the tab doesn't need to be very far down in the water when deployed)

As a person who has used the side tabs its really not fair to compare. The side tabs make a ton of drag in the water hard to steer the boat and hard to get on plain when fully weighted.

With the Infinity setup I just lift it up till I get on plain then deploy it. When the rider falls I just lift it and turn around drive back and do it all over again.

Weighing the boat is way better also you don't need a ton of bow weight due to when the tab is down it pushes the bow down. (No more dipping the bow)

BUT due to it pushing the bow down and lifting the back you need more weight in the back.

I have seen people on Facebook say they don't have any push I have found that to be true when you don't have enough weight in the rear of the boat. The more weight the more push. 

Now how I weight the boat.

For me=  Bow full, Center full, Rear full and sacks at least half full, Wedge down and 150lb lead under both backseats.  (With the old school side tab I didn't like the wedge down like most) 

For Kids= Bow full, Center full, Rear full that it. (Its really cool how I can have the tab up get the kids up and after the get out to the side then lower the tab and make the surf wave) This is a small wave but still has enough push for my 11yr old to ride ropeless. 

This was half full back sacks and 1 120lb person in the boat. 

IMG_7652-1.jpg

Edited by Bradley Thornton
  • Like 3

I have infinity on my 2011 wakesetter and love it. we do full stock waight + 450 sacks in back + 650 v-sack up front. The more waght the better the wave. We adjust the wedge up or down for a longer wave or a shorter taller wave. I just deploy the appropriate tab and leave it down until we are done. 

• Like 1
On 7/17/2021 at 3:04 PM, Bradley Thornton said:

At this point I have really had time this year to play with the weights and better dial it in and give a review and weight info.

First off if you add this make sure you follow the install very close.  Mine wasn't installed perfect and took some adjusting. (The big thing is you want the tab as high out of the way as you can get it when not in use and the tab doesn't need to be very far down in the water when deployed)

As a person who has used the side tabs its really not fair to compare. The side tabs make a ton of drag in the water hard to steer the boat and hard to get on plain when fully weighted.

With the Infinity setup I just lift it up till I get on plain then deploy it. When the rider falls I just lift it and turn around drive back and do it all over again.

Weighing the boat is way better also you don't need a ton of bow weight due to when the tab is down it pushes the bow down. (No more dipping the bow)

BUT due to it pushing the bow down and lifting the back you need more weight in the back.

I have seen people on Facebook say they don't have any push I have found that to be true when you don't have enough weight in the rear of the boat. The more weight the more push. 

Now how I weight the boat.

For me=  Bow full, Center full, Rear full and sacks at least half full, Wedge down and 150lb lead under both backseats.  (With the old school side tab I didn't like the wedge down like most) 

For Kids= Bow full, Center full, Rear full that it. (Its really cool how I can have the tab up get the kids up and after the get out to the side then lower the tab and make the surf wave) This is a small wave but still has enough push for my 11yr old to ride ropeless. 

This was half full back sacks and 1 120lb person in the boat. 

IMG_7652-1.jpg

What boat do you have and do you know your deployed and retracted angles?