Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone tried a bimini top off amazon? Or a DIY solution to get through the summer?

Smokedvw

I'm looking for one for my 2001 sunsetter vlx.  I really like the above tower ones but I'll be skiing a lot and have heard they don't do great skiing so thought of just one below bar. 

Has anyone tried them? Did they fit/work? Getting a custom one now is about impossible it seems. 

I'm also open to a DIY solution.  Last year we jammed a sun umbrella in through the top of the tower and tied it down and it worked at lower speeds under 22 mph. 

Thank you 

Edited by Smokedvw
  • 9 months later...

To be honest, I think that such things are better to buy in person when you can look thoroughly at the quality and integrity of the goods. I like ordering small but necessary things better. For example, lately, I've been into yoga, so I ordered special socks. Because when doing "asanas," it is important to rest the entire surface of the foot on the floor, so it is better to use socks with toes, which are also sometimes called mini-mats. In some models, the toes are open, ensuring their natural positioning. I ordered a similar model here https://www.amazon.com. I think open-toed products are better suited now for warm-weather activities.

Edited by bajorjoevel