Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 lsv radio/armrest

Oak4135

Just purchased my first Malibu, a 2007.  Armrest flip cover over radio is off, and radio is hanging.  Seems like where armrest screws in is broken.  I’ve read old threads, but haven’t found a real solution to repair armrest and mount radio in original spot under armrest.  Any solutions or ideas?

Do you need a radio?

I ditched the armrest radio head unit and just use a BT adapter into a WS EQ which I mounted under the dash.

Edited by Bozboat

On my 2006; it's plastic backed vinyl that is fastened with screws into a piece of starboard. The Vinyl eventually tears after maintenance making it harder to fasten and the radio eventually fall out.

I used food container grade plastic to sandwich around the vinyl to spread the load and reenforce both sides.

To fix the radio to keep from falling through, I reenforced that area with dynamat (butylene) and also bonded the head unit cage to the vinyl with this.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, I’ve got the armrest reattached. Cut thin plastic cutting board and ran along inside to screw armrest to.  Think I’ll just go with a BT unit as opposed to building it back up to hold a head unit.  Suggestions on BT units?

1 hour ago, Oak4135 said:

Thanks, I’ve got the armrest reattached. Cut thin plastic cutting board and ran along inside to screw armrest to.  Think I’ll just go with a BT unit as opposed to building it back up to hold a head unit.  Suggestions on BT units?

ws Bt rocker switch, put it in an acc rocker switch bay, it is a full transceiver with full controls including power on/off, play/pause, track skip/reverse, phone volume AND remote power out to turn on the amp, at this point would combine (though not necessary as Rocker switch is stand alone with an aux output) with ws 420 EQ for zone control.  i never have to touch phone , not even to BT pair, if app is already running i just hit power and then play, it auto pairs with most recently paired phone 

if you like to use your phone to control then go with 420 BT EQ