Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Broke my mirror...seven years bad luck!

Drive for Show

I just broke the rear view mirror on my 2005 Wakesetter XTi 21 and I need to replace it.  I can certainly look for a replacement identical to OEM mirror I had (which fits in the two mounting brackets on the windshield) but I'd like to get one that has a wider range of view.  Anybody found one that will fit in the mounting brackets that's wider than 14" or that has multiple mirrors?  Thanks for the help.  DFS

I also have a CIPA 180 mirror on a CIPA 2330 mount.  I kept the OEM mirror on the walkthrough windshield and put the CIPA on the driver's side.  The OEM mirror is usually not in play because the window is open.

Cool...I'm looking at the CIPA 180 mirror now...two concerns are that the images are small (I would expect them to be smaller based on the convex design) and that it scratches easily (review comment...owner said they take it off at times but I won't take mine off).  

Justgary, I like the idea of possibly having both...I will try it with my old OEM mirror and then put the new 180 on the drivers side, as you have, and see what I think.  I expect this give you both convex view and regular view so you get the best of both worlds.  

Thanks for the advise guys.  DFS