Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 A22 bow plug n play question

Buddybrown17

I’ve searched this topic and can’t really find what I’m looking for. 

I’m about to buy a 2013 A22. The guy said it’s plumed for plug n play but when I went to look at it today we couldn’t figure out the front plumbing. It doesn’t look like it has the bow plug n play installed. It has the 2 750’s in the stern though. I looked under the cushions. Near the center and bow of the boat but only found a larger line that went underneath the helm. Is this common? Do people only set up rear plug n play and not the front? I’m planning on purchasing the boat in the next week or two but wanted some more info on the subject.  Thanks!

Edited by Buddybrown17

Hey the 13' bow pnp should be visible under the pop up cushion in the walkway.  Should be 3 ballast pipes in there connected to an arrow shaped bag under there.

All that I see is the two large lines coming to a Y connection then it goes underneath the drivers helm. I’m guessing that those are vent lines for the hard tanks? 
 I just don’t understand why the rears were done with pnp but not the front ..

11 hours ago, Buddybrown17 said:

All that I see is the two large lines coming to a Y connection then it goes underneath the drivers helm. I’m guessing that those are vent lines for the hard tanks? 
 I just don’t understand why the rears were done with pnp but not the front ..

that is your pnp plumbing where no front bag installation has been done.  the single line going under helm is the vent, the two lines coming to y together are the fill snd drain.

if you turn on the front ballast fill it will pump over the side if the front valve lever is open

remove the Y and leave lines long at first

open center bilge hatch and feel for a floating pump which is your front drain and moving it will tell you which line is the drain, the other will run to the furthest intake ballast pump furthest to left, closest is the  center fill, that is your fill

install a 90 quick connect on a relatively short cut drain line as bag drain is at bottom and the 90 makes your turn into the quick connect port you install into threads in bag  .  it actually gloats up snd down with the fill of the bag, cut it so you still have horizontal part of 90 above floor level when pump bottoms out

get your bag mushroom bag first before installation so you can envision the install

install another 90 on to bag fill hose at correct length,  

remove carpet side wall and reroute vent hose to highest point possible on that carpet wall with a new hole (if necessary) in line with bag drain hole on top which is the furthest hole on mushroom stem from base of drain and fill, it can not be inline with hole and you can loop the long line to it keeping some stress off of fill hole.  if hole of hose is in perfect line up to vent port of bag you can put atress on it if you over  fill it

install 90 quick connect

remove foot well with sub and secure vent loops as high as possible for center and especially front vent lines  

my fill was eventually routed under helm snd out carpeted wall that vent comes out 

your fill also should have a check valve built into it as it lays there in the Y before starting, if not you may choose to install one

you may also choose if the long uncut length is long enough to loop the fill line forward and then back to hole to not put pressure on bag ports to rip which they will do if you overfill bag from tight or awkward fill line angles , same for vent when they come up from bottom instead of coming from high on side of carpeted wall

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1

Thank you for getting down to it and explaining the plumbing for me! That really helps me out a lot! I will be tackling this in the next couple weeks. This is the bag with the fittings I’m supposed to get. http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?products_id=6468&ref=35

it says buy two 1-1/8” 90s and two 1-1/8” straight connectors. Is this right?

3 hours ago, Buddybrown17 said:

Thank you for getting down to it and explaining the plumbing for me! That really helps me out a lot! I will be tackling this in the next couple weeks. This is the bag with the fittings I’m supposed to get. http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?products_id=6468&ref=35

it says buy two 1-1/8” 90s and two 1-1/8” straight connectors. Is this right?

buy this for port locations

https://www.activewake.com/shop/aws-pro-shop/ballast-hiecor/sumo-max-950-lbs-axis-arrow-bow-ballast-bag/

it replaces this that is no longer available

https://www.wakemakers.com/straight-line-axis-bow-arrow-950-2016.html

i get confused between 1” and 1 1/8” but get 3 of these

https://www.wakemakers.com/launch-pad-1-inch-npt-flow-rite-fitting.html

and 3 of these 

https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-pro-x-series-fitting-w746.html

and 3 SS hose clamps

and a one way check valve for fill line

Edited by granddaddy55
5 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Perfect. Thanks so much. I’ll be keeping an update on the most likely with pictures for other people looking for answers like I have. 🤙🏻

Where can I get the one way check valve? Is it a specific part for these boats or just any 1-1/8 check valve from hardware store?

Edited by Buddybrown17

any one way check valve will do, the one malibu uses is big, about 2 1/2-3” wide at union to allow for the bolts to keep it together

Edited by granddaddy55