Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 247 LSV Stereo Wiring Diagram

PigPen13

Is there anybody out there that can provided a complete stereo wiring diagram for me (doesn't have to be pretty, just legible). I'm looking for something start to finish (i.e.- from Blue Sea 5511 switch to amps (3 ea.- 1 to 8 cabins, 1 to 4 towers, 1 to sub), to JBL Black Box, to and thru 2 (+/-) RF 3-1 distribution blocks and 1 fuse block to the batteries? I'm just trying to chase a ground loop and I'm coming up empty and it's driving me nuts. T.I.A.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 8/2/2021 at 7:38 PM, PigPen13 said:

Mxr181

Have you found out your issue with your stereo? 

Mxr181,

I still haven't been able to find the issue. Any input will be much appreciated from anyone.

• 3 weeks later...
Billynic1989

Hello Guys,

i am also looking for some help with my jbl stereo.

we have a 2009 vlx waksetter, the stereo is the jbl black box in with the batteries and jbl control panel by the steering wheel.

i turn the stereo system on and it just freezes up, i cant change anything on the jbl control panel it is just stuck on the radio.

this happens about 70% of the time, as sometimes it will just work fine.

i  was told it could be battery related but I've fully charged all my batteries and its still doing it. 

I was just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and if it would be the black box or the control panel that is usually defect? 

Any advice would be appreciated, cheers fellas.

Billynic1989

Helo MLA,

thanks for the advice bud. 

I dont have have any other additional wired remotes other than the wired in control panel which is by the steering wheel, have tried resetting it but after the reset im still getting the same issues. 

I can't seem to find any black boxes online that matches what i have, but not even sure it its the black box or if its the control face that is the issue currently. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have not figured mine out yet, ended up disconnecting tower speakers most of last summer.  I bought RF 8” tower speakers for this season, got them installed and now currently chasing down the wiring / noise issue.  I think I have it narrowed down to RCA signal issue but I still get a slight noise through all 8 interior speakers.  I would LOVE to see the same diagram you originally asked for as well.  Will respond if I have any luck

Are you guys just looking for the wiring diagram for the JBL black box?  I don’t think it’s going to be very revelatory in diagnosing a ground loop issue. Here’s the diagram for the JBL MBB-3 which should be basically the same as the JBL MBB-1 that (I *think*) your era boats have. 

1E92F699-D518-438D-A508-CD1660D30D51.png

• Like 2

So I think I have my tower speaker issue figured out by re-routing RCA’s.  It was previously setup with head unit front and rear channels both going to interior speaker amp, and then running RCA’s through the subwoofer amp that has pass through RCA’s to the tower speaker amp.  I split the front head unit rca output with Y’s to run all channels on that amp, now running tower speaker amp off the head unit rear RCA’s, and sub amp off sub RCA’s.  I think this resolved the louder noise I was previously ONLY getting in the tower speakers, however, I do still have noise / static in ALL speakers with key in ACC to power up the system AND it sounds like I have alternator whine from a quick dry start up last night…so I think I am now hunting for a ground loop issue that I am guessing has to do with head unit power.  I believe it is powered from key on meaning it’s tied into the rest of the boat.  I think I will try a small relay triggered by current key on power but actual power feeding straight from the battery 

Edited by mxr181

I would love to see full boat stereo diagram from head unit power & signal all the way to each speaker including RCA’s.  I feel like I have seen one similar on here before but will have to search when I have more time.  Will post here if I find it and it applies

Spent another 3-4 hours with two friends that are MUCH more stereo savvy than I am eliminating every single circuit / signal / scenarios we could think of.  Nothing changed anything UNTIL we swapped the in boat speaker amp, cleaned up 90% of the static noise and alternator/ fuel pump priming feedback I was getting. Then we swapped the tower amp and IT IS HAPPY!!!  I for sure thought mine was an ignition or power issue and was affecting all speakers in the boat (except the sun I guess)…looks like it ended up being both amps…the tower amp was a newer JL amp too!  Super surprised and slightly bummed I had TWO bad amps BUT stoked to have it figured out!  Ran out of time to finish tuning everything in but looking like mine is figured out.  If you have access to another amp I would try swapping your interior speaker amp and see if anything improves!  Nothing on mine pointed to a single amp!