Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rokfordfosgate media center - LSV 2011

MichaelB

Hi Everyone

Please could i get some advice here,

My Stereo system only operates when the ignition switch is on, I am concerned that this is heating up the coils etc and not great for the electrical system. Let me flesh this out whilst we under way I have no problem however when we just bobbing around motor off and listening to music the ignition switch has to be on. Any comments ?

Michael

On older carbureted engines with a powered ignition module or points in the distributer leaving the ignition on could cause issues, but on any newer fuel injected engine it is not a problem.

The the ignition module and coil are controlled by the ECM and will not function until the engine is cranking or running.  Just having the ignition switch on to run the stereo should not negatively effect anything on newer engines like yours.