Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Wakesetter 21 VLX catalytic converter issue and surf gate issues

Well it wasn't the 02 sensor as I'd hopped. No honeycomb left in the port cat! Still waiting for the dealer to price it out for me. They want me to do both, but the starboard one is still good so I'm inclined to just do the 1. No I'm not under warranty so that sucks. Anyone have an Idea on costs? I was getting the OXYGEN B FUEL TRIM HIGH (SHORT TERM, BANK 1) SPN:4238FMI:0 code for a while now. I swapped out the port 02 sensor and it worked for a couple of days then same code. 

Newer issue was the port surf gate stuck in the extended position. Used the calibrate and maint mode to try to fix with no luck. Starboard gate would not extend at all. Got the red error message on the big screen. Luckily they are saying its the relay pack that's bad. Any Ideas on costs? 

Wally on lake Lanier, 

Flowery Branch, GA

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 2017, 21 VLX with 155 hours. Got the same error code today. (Oxygen a trim fuel high (short-term bank, one) SPN:4236 FMI:0) First trip on the boat since a service 2 weeks ago. What’s deal with this? Sensors or major work to be done?