Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 wakesetter wedge issues

Afternoon team! We had the boat out this weekend and the wedge got stuck down, I’ve read all the solutions on her from calibrating the piece attached to the wedge but even using the 7’’ touch screens up and down arrow, the wedge won’t move at all. I checked the fuses and everything looks good and I even tried to override the fuse, but nothing seems to be moving the wedge at all. Any ideas? 

since you have done the several checks, you now need to bypass the power wedge module completely.  Find your PW fuse and look for the POS and NEG wire (I think they are 4-6 AWG).  I don't know if your year has the PW module located externally of the Medallion Brain or is it embedded in the brain along with everything else.  Mine was embedded.  the dealer wanted me to replace my entire Medallion brain.  My fuse was not blown, but my PW module was blown (circuitry failed i'm assuming).  When it failed, it would not come back up from the down position.  Fabricate some POS and NEG extension wires, disconnect the POS and NEG PW wires downstream of the fuse that go into the PW module.  Use your extension cables and connect them to the battery posts.  You CAN reverse polarity the wires to get the wedge to move in the opposite positions.  If that worked using one of the polarity formats, then your PW module is toast.  For me, I decided to just buy a DPDT rocker switch and bypass the PW module for my fix instead of spending thousands to replace the entire Medallion module.  My fix was about $25 total using an inline 30 Amp fuse as well.  I posted my fix a few years back on here somewhere.