Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who's fault is it?

TallRedRider

7 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

I'm not on facebook and I can see it on my computer but not my mobile device

Thanks. I'll try to view the video on my desktop PC. 

21 hours ago, Murphys said:

Thanks. I'll try to view the video on my desktop PC. 

Its on Fox 13 Salt Lake City News web site. scroll down till you see the UHP car.

6 minutes ago, Rack said:

Its on Fox 13 Salt Lake City News web site. scroll down till you see the UHP car.

Thanks. I was able to view on my PC also.

On 7/9/2021 at 4:29 PM, Murphys said:

For the first time I kind of sort of wish that I was on Facebook so I could view the video. I am also considering installing a dash camera. 45 mile commute to work and I see some crazy and dangerous driving on a daily basis. 

The Video on instagram

Edited by Bozboat

I just don’t think it’s worthwhile to assume it’s over capacity.  No one knows what upgrades have been done to that raptors suspension.  He clearly did a phenomenal job controlling his load without hitting anything consequential even while in full Jack knife.  Both citizens should have their damages resolved by the entity that the at fault officer represents.  It probably wouldn’t have made a difference in this case, but having electronic trailer brakes rather than surge might have kept it from Jack knifing.  I know I like them on my snowmobile trailer when I’m driving home on slick hills and notice the trailer drifting to the sides around turns.  Couple bumps on the brakes and nice and straight again.  Glad no one was hurt.

On 7/9/2021 at 7:59 AM, Hemmy said:

The truck behind the cop even tried to swerve to the left when he saw the cop initially start to go to the right.  After that, he was screwed.  I don't think following too close had anything to do with this.  I am not sure if the guy in the raptor is towing a 22 or 23 LSV to say if he is overweight or not either.

Looks like a 22LSV based on the distance from the tower to the sunpad (at least that is my take on it.) Either way.. 2018-2020 23LSVs tend to top out at 7500#s.

On 7/13/2021 at 11:52 AM, PNWoke said:

I just don’t think it’s worthwhile to assume it’s over capacity.  No one knows what upgrades have been done to that raptors suspension. 

Suspension upgrades don't increase GCWR, GVWR, or GAWR, which are set by the manufacturer and tied to a vin number.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

Suspension upgrades don't increase GCWR, GVWR, or GAWR, which are set by the manufacturer and tied to a vin number.  

We don’t have those laws where I live - farmers and rednecks have been upgrading 3/4 ton trucks to handle 1 ton work for ages.  I did take a look at the Utah laws and while there is a law it is pretty toothless, no more than a violation for just about any overweight amount.  Plus, as long as you’re less than 2k pounds over you’re  not even allowed to be fined.  Some states have tougher language but I assume that is why the Bu driver was not fined for being overweight.  

Edited by PNWoke

I'm aure the malibu truck was on full brakes on graves and sliding. The ONLY reson he jacknifed was becouse his front tires hit pavement when the rear tires and boat brakes were still sliding on gravel. Not sure what he could have done anything better. I don't know if he would of ever got back to the road without hitting the gardrail so the only other option was to stay right of gardrail and who knows how that would have turned out.