Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SPN 445, FMI 15

I cannot find a SPN 445 code listed at all. 

There is a SPN 442 FMI 15 which is a stage 1 exhaust manifold high temperature on the port bank 2.  It can be caused by a lack of cooling water or leak in the exhaust manifold, faulty exhaust thermostat, faulty temperature sensor, or faulty wiring or ground connections.

• 2 years later...

2021 T23 M5Di, same code just popped up.  I have a bunch of related codes lately.  Hi-bank O2 sensors, 4237 0 and Intake Manifold Sensor 105 3, replaced both sensors.  Now 2 441 4 and 442 15.  Going to have the ECM flashed, hopefully this solves the problems.  TBD

Loose power and ground connections can cause voltage issues which can also sometimes lead to fault codes.  Before doing any diagnostic tests or sensor replacement, check the battery condition and the cable connections at the batteries, battery switch, power distribution post by the port transmission mount, starter cable connection, the main ground cable on the port engine block stud, and the engine harness ground on the starboard engine block stud.

• 3 weeks later...

Dealer suggested and performed the ECU flash, have not experienced the 4237 codes anymore, but both SPN 441 & 442 FMI 15s continue.  Checked the impeller and sea strainer, both are functioning well.  I will check the battery connections as suggested.  Thanks all!