Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis A24 vs Malibu 24 MXZ

Anyone upgrade from Axis to Malibu?  What is the big pro of Malibu vs Axis.  Have been planning to order 2022 Malibu 23 or 24MXZ.  Neighbor suggested looking at the axis and indicated they are adding a touch screen this year and also a 25 ft.  model. 

Thoughts?  

LakeWAninja

I’m in the same boat. I have 2017 LSV23 now and looking to upgrade to something heavier with deeper hull and fuller / firmer wave and more storage. The Malibu’s real advantage over Axis is the computer tech, fit and finish, and ego.  The hulls, engines, surf technology, stereo options are all the same.  I’m seriously looking at the T250 because it’s a better boat than my LSV, and it’s $80k less expensive than the 2022 LSV 25.  The 2022 LSV 25 is going after the Nautique market at $200K, and the Axis is going after the mid market where the LSV used to focus.

MakeNWaves

Ego?, not sure. Tech stuff, for sure (until all the screens start delaminating in 4-5 years). We laugh at most of the Malibu’s (25LSV and M235 excluded) with their surfers basically wakeboarding with a rope. The Axis A24 has a kind of hardcore image, at least around here.

18 hours ago, MakeNWaves said:

Ego?, not sure. Tech stuff, for sure (until all the screens start delaminating in 4-5 years). We laugh at most of the Malibu’s (25LSV and M235 excluded) with their surfers basically wakeboarding with a rope. The Axis A24 has a kind of hardcore image, at least around here.

What are you laughing about?  There the best selling tow boats in the industry for a reason. They out sell the competition 2-1. I’ve owned a Malibu for over 25 years. I will own a Malibu for another 25 years. Don’t hate on the people that want that tech. Heck, I have buddies with old Centurions and Supremes. We just love being on the water and I don’t laugh at anybody. You afford what you can afford.

For me, I don’t want push buttons and toggle switches. I want huge screens and good tech. My 20 23 MX is beautiful, we are going with a 24 MXZ in 2023.  The pickle fork suits are big family. 

Edited by dwc032
LakeWAninja
43 minutes ago, dwc032 said:

What are you laughing about?  There the best selling tow boats in the industry for a reason. They out sell the competition 2-1. I’ve owned a Malibu for over 25 years. I will own a Malibu for another 25 years. Don’t hate on the people that want that tech. Heck, I have buddies with old Centurions and Supremes. We just love being on the water and I don’t laugh at anybody. You afford what you can afford.

For me, I don’t want push buttons and toggle switches. I want huge screens and good tech. My 20 23 MX is beautiful, we are going with a 24 MXZ in 2023.  The pickle fork suits are big family. 

Agreed, Malibu’s are amazing boats. BTW, where do you surf in Bend? 

52 minutes ago, LakeWAninja said:

Agreed, Malibu’s are amazing boats. BTW, where do you surf in Bend? 

Everywhere. Prineville, billy, cultus, lake of the woods, Haystack, and a couple others. If your in the area, shoot me a PM.