Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finalizing A20 Order - need help on bridge clearance height with tower up

Hi Folks - i'm getting close to pulling trigger on new 2022 A20.  Part of making this work financially is to ensure the boat will fit on my current lift setup which has a canopy top without having to lower/raise the tower each time. I can't seem to find the height of boat on water "bridge clearance w/ tower up".  Anyone know what this measurement is?  Thank you.

If you get the shock assist tower it’s really simple to raise and lower. Even by yourself. We keep ours on the lift stored with the tower down. 

I also lower my tower every time it goes on the hoist but I do have the shock assist tower option.  I am happy to measure the tower height if you like but not sure exactly what measurement you are looking for.

5 hours ago, watsoc08 said:

I also lower my tower every time it goes on the hoist but I do have the shock assist tower option.  I am happy to measure the tower height if you like but not sure exactly what measurement you are looking for.

Thank you!! I am looking for measurement from waterline to top of tower. Right now I have 92” from water line to bottom of canopy brace.

I will definitely order gas shock but since we are on island we are in/out of lift quite a bit transporting things and ppl and dock isn’t long enough to unload boat prior to entering lift. 

Thanks guys!

Anybody have this measurement?  I searched old brochures and manuals and all height related adjustments seem to be related to trailering and garage door height 

I measured my 2020 A20 in the garage on the trailer. With the trailer level, my tower extends roughly 7 foot from the underside of my swim platform to the top of the navigation light ( I measured distance from swim platform to ceiling, and subtracted the distance from light to the ceiling). The base of the swim platform is an approximate waterline while idling in the water.  With the tower folded it's about 4'. Just know this measurement is going to change based on the weight in the boat and obviously the speed being traveled hence the reason you probably do not see anything published. Hope this helps.

Huge help - that is in the range dealer sent me (90” is what dealer took from show room boat). To be safe I will target a 8ft tall clearance on boat lift canopy. Thank you!!!

Sorry, I wax out of town so I didn't seer your measurement request till now.  I will bring a tape measurer when I get out on the boat later today and let you know.

I do believe the measurements provided should be close enough though for your request.

• 4 months later...
59 minutes ago, probwhite said:

Hi Guys,  Does anyone know the bridge clearance of the A20 with the tower down? 

Your dealer can get it from your Rep. There's several things that change it, wheels, racks etc.