Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Platform update

macdaddy

Saw one for sale on line.  The boat was totaled and the owner bought it back from the insurance company and is parting it out.  If you get on facebook marketplace...there are boats being parted out.  Found it, got it here and adapted it to my boat.

43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Saw one for sale on line.  The boat was totaled and the owner bought it back from the insurance company and is parting it out.  If you get on facebook marketplace...there are boats being parted out.  Found it, got it here and adapted it to my boat.

Score!

@macdaddy That looks awesome! Nice work. Would you mind showing some pictures of how you modified your brackets to accept the new platform? I am noodling on doing this myself and also adding some automated surf gates to my 23LSV.

Thank you

BC...let me take some pics tonight and I will try to show you what I did.  Needless to say, my uploading abilities seems to be a struggle because I can not always get the pic to upload correctly.  I will do my best for you though.

• Like 1

BC… these are not the greatest pics…me laying on my back underneath the platform.  I ended up taking about an inch off each bracket.  Basically tried to arc the bracket to follow the platform edge.  Because my brackets were slightly wider than the mounting support surface area of the platform…I fiberglassed in coosa board so there was a wider surface area to mount the bracket to.  Once dried…sunk 2” as screw through the bracket into platform. Really solid and happy with the results.  Does this help?  I can try to get better pics in the light when I pull the boat out.

mac

24B1924B-152F-4062-A1DD-221BF9F71472.jpeg

6A3DA525-62CA-4AD2-8A27-F0FF8DE8F896.jpeg

7CA8562F-A438-4706-89CD-2F4B116AF803.jpeg

B2B41133-05AC-4A2A-AC60-155EC793C541.jpeg

59F40DB2-952A-4BBB-BCE1-D4D0D6A70E4D.jpeg

• Like 1

@macdaddy That looks great. So you only needed to modify the brackets themselves. I thought you might also have needed to raise the platform higher on your boat, but from the pictures, it looks great. Nice work. 

BC...thank you.  I do not think I will need to raise it at this point.  If I would raise it, I am afraid it would be harder to get on the step coming out of the water.  i will let you know if I end up doing that.  Let me know if you need anything else.

Mac

• Like 1