Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Remote oil filter kit

I would like to get one for my 2001 Monsoon. Most of the web sites want to know which car you own. Anybody know who I can get one from that will fit.

Edited by OLDGUY
formulaben

This is the one I installed.  I use the larger oil filter (Wix 51773) and gives me an even 2 gallon oil fill.  Note that this particular remote unit utilized Ford style filters.  Make sure you take your time installing the adapter, as the rubber seal can migrate.  I moved mine far enough away I needed more hose, so I went with something stronger.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRM-10713

The specs on that kit said not for marine use. Why would that be the case?

I just changed my oil so no big rush. It says ship date 9/01/21.

formulaben

Interesting, either I missed that when I purchased it or it wasn't there. I can't think of any reason why, but who knows...mine has performed fine for 4 seasons.

I'm going to use this kit. I don't know why they say it's not for marine use. Any way thanks for the information.

5 minutes ago, OLDGUY said:

I don't know why they say it's not for marine use.

Could be due to mixing brass and aluminum on the fitting, or the hose isn't marine rated, or maybe because it is easy to spill oil into the bilge.  I guess you could contact them and ask.

I had a sea ray that I installed a remote dual oil filter do I didn’t have to dismantle all seating to access filter. To solve the cheap hose risk I went to a hose shop and custom hoses made with threaded swivel ends. Had this boat for 34 years, 850 hours and no filter issues. Recommend using quality hoses and stay away from barbed fittings. Make sure you prefill  filters with oil during oil change. Always check and make sure old filter gasket comes off with old filter. Was in a friends boat when we could still oil, I found he had installed new filter without removing old filter gasket