Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 23 LSV wedge stuck in stowed

Hello All,

I cannot get my wedge to deploy from the stored position. Worked 2 weeks ago. I have been under the dash and do not see a fuse labeled for the wedge. Also checked circuit breakers behind the lean back and none of them appear to be tripped. 
Is there a dedicated fuse for the wedge?  Surf Gates work perfectly. 
Thoughts?

Thanks!

The breaker should be on the carpeted panel under the center rear cockpit seat, or on the carpeted panel in the port aft PNP storage.  There is also an electrical connection plug on the wiring to the actuator inside the engine compartment on the transom.  There is a relay box, with six potted relays, that will also be on the transom in the engine compartment.  Check the connections going to that also.  A loose or corroded battery cable connection on the main power post near the port transmission mount can also cause problems.

The relays are potted and can not be replaced individually.  It is called a six pack and it has both of the wedge and all four of the surf gate relays with the wiring attached.  I have unstuck a faulty relay before by tapping on them with a screwdriver handle, but that is not a permanent fix.