Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

97 indomar Monsoon 320 Alternator

Hello! I have a 97 Malibu Tantrum with the monsoon 320. Had it a year and am getting it where I want. Upgraded the batteries, sound system upholstery etc. however this weekend we seem to have lost the alternator. Where can I find a replacement that won’t require a rewire? It has 3 wire pig tail plug on it. It currently has a Ultima  01-0260 on it. Can I replace this with something better? Pic attached it’s in rough shape thanks!

If you want to upgrade the alternator output, because of the sound system, you will have to upgrade the associated wiring and protection (fuses).

Edited by electricjohn

Yeah that makes sense. I may not choose to do that as I plan to sell the boat. Is this a normal alternator for this boat? How can I tell the amperage 

A quick search on this site for a good thread, i.e why forums like this are great. Keep your stereo around 750ish total amps and you may be OK depending on whatever else in you boat draws current.