Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 23lsv power wedge runs up by itself

Power wedge was still trying to drive up when boat was off and power was off, only way to stop it was battery cutoff switch. Did this one time then no other issues. Today deployed wedge and noticed when I started driving it didn't feel like it was down checked and it had gone up only after I tapped up to try and raise it once for an adjustment. Troubleshot for a good hour no water nothing. Pulled boat out on trailer and lowered wedge used fuse bypass and just touched the fuse and it started running up and wouldn't stop even with fuse out had to use cutoff again. Anyone had anything like this happen.

48 minutes ago, csleaver said:

It sounds like a problem with the Lenco controller.  Unplug the Power module and if it still goes up you will know that is the problem instead of the power module.

What power module?

The power module is that big rectangular thing you took the fuse out of to move to the bypass position.  A faulty power module, touch screen, or Lenco control box are the main causes of a power wedge moving on its own.

You can also remove the inline fuse in the wiring going to the lenco box to disable it to test if that is the problem.

Edited by csleaver
On 7/5/2021 at 10:05 PM, csleaver said:

The power module is that big rectangular thing you took the fuse out of to move to the bypass position.  A faulty power module, touch screen, or Lenco control box are the main causes of a power wedge moving on its own.

You can also remove the inline fuse in the wiring going to the lenco box to disable it to test if that is the problem.

So I tested yesterday on trailer and here is what I did.

Lowered wedge, stopped in multiple positions and it would lower fine.

Used bypass fuse to raise and all I did was touch the fuse and remove to bump the up side and with fuse out of power box wedge continued up and stayed running still.

Removed inline fuse to lenco controller and wedge shut off.

Installed inline fuse and wedge stayed off.

Took controller apart and no water no corrosion either.

So sounds like a bad controller?

Also this all started when battery tied to switch position 2 went bad. Ran boat on switch 1 and was fine till the next day.

Is there anything else to troubleshoot before I order a $1000+ part?

• 6 months later...

So I forgot to post a reply to what I found last summer to fix the wedge running up on its own. I ended up taking the plug off the lenco controller and noticed some tiny water droplets on the plug. I disassembled the plug itself and found water in it with a little corrosion. Cleaned and dried really good and wedge worked fine after that. Hope this may help anyone if they have a similar issue. Definitely something to look at before spending $1k+ on a new controller for nothing.

45 minutes ago, Schilttd said:

So I forgot to post a reply to what I found last summer to fix the wedge running up on its own. I ended up taking the plug off the lenco controller and noticed some tiny water droplets on the plug. I disassembled the plug itself and found water in it with a little corrosion. Cleaned and dried really good and wedge worked fine after that. Hope this may help anyone if they have a similar issue. Definitely something to look at before spending $1k+ on a new controller for nothing.

… I have a spare because of this… lol