Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis A24 or Malibu 23 MXZ

4mc

you might get more responses posting in the Malibu forum . lots of people who have went to a Malibu from an  Axis . but few who have went the other way. I am very interested in the response as well as I will probably be comparing these two boats within the next year. I wish the 24mxz came with the option to delete the storage locker behind the driver and add a seat. you might want to compare the m220 as well .

Exactly what @Voodoosaid. Been on many premium models comparable to Malibu . All super nice . On our second a24 and ordered a 2022 t250 with the extended Bimini that we all like . I really enjoy the luxury of the Malibu but love what Axis delivers for the price 

@Livinlogs 

I had the option of ordering the 2022 T250 also but opted for the 2022 A24 (personal preference on new looks and lines but nothing else) The 2022 A24 has the new bimini and dashboard. The T250 has both of those and added  more hinged seats, walkover in the back, and removable ski pylon, A24 didn't get those few updates...  (all other build prices the same). In fact the MSRP is only $800 diff. 

Enjoy!

Used the extra money you'll spend on the Malibu and get the A24 or T250 with the supercharged engine. It's going to throw an amazing wake (probably one of the best) and you'll save so much on the price. With the new touch screen and other options coming in the new T series, the extra cost isn't worth the Malibu in my opinion.

I kept toying with the idea of moving up to a Malibu from an Axis.  The added luxuries on the Malibu boats are really nice, and many features like the adjustable height driver seat are not available on Axis.  For me, I only get to use the boat so many times a year, and the added costs for luxury items wasn't worth it to me.  My Axis T22 has been an amazing boat that throws a good wave and does everything I need it to.  In the end, I decided to order a T250 in the pursuit of even more wave (although, I keep asking myself if I really needed anything more than my T22 :lol:).

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.  Once you are on the water, they will both be amazing boats, and everyone will have a great time.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SurfNAZ said:

I kept toying with the idea of moving up to a Malibu from an Axis.  The added luxuries on the Malibu boats are really nice, and many features like the adjustable height driver seat are not available on Axis.  For me, I only get to use the boat so many times a year, and the added costs for luxury items wasn't worth it to me.  My Axis T22 has been an amazing boat that throws a good wave and does everything I need it to.  In the end, I decided to order a T250 in the pursuit of even more wave (although, I keep asking myself if I really needed anything more than my T22 :lol:).

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.  Once you are on the water, they will both be amazing boats, and everyone will have a great time.

man I feel like I am in the exact same situation as you. wife wants the Malibu if/when we are ready to upgrade, but our t22 has been amazing! does everything well( i just hate the small  gas tank!)  . and like you with time and my kids playing summer baseball/softball i can't justify the money for a bu . post up a good review when you take delivery! ) maybe a great 3rd party review will sale my wife on letting me upgrade! lol

I was comparing my A24 to a MXZ on the water on Tuesday, and the depth of the hull is much greater on my A24 than the MXZ. The surf wake size/shape was nowhere near my A24. Also save yourself about 60K, but you will have to visually check if your ballast tank is empty.

1 hour ago, MakeNWaves said:

I was comparing my A24 to a MXZ on the water on Tuesday, and the depth of the hull is much greater on my A24 than the MXZ. The surf wake size/shape was nowhere near my A24. Also save yourself about 60K, but you will have to visually check if your ballast tank is empty.

How about the wakeboard wake?

Keep in mind the base price msrp delta isn’t as bad as it looks on paper because you can typically get a larger discount on Malibu vs Axis. There are also features on the Malibu that come standard that you have to option onto an axis. I really wanted to love the a24 but went 23 lsv instead. This was pre COVID so can’t comment on pricing now but I felt it was worth the extra money to step into a Malibu after demoing both and getting real pricing on both. YMMV. 

12 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Keep in mind the base price msrp delta isn’t as bad as it looks on paper because you can typically get a larger discount on Malibu vs Axis. There are also features on the Malibu that come standard that you have to option onto an axis. I really wanted to love the a24 but went 23 lsv instead. This was pre COVID so can’t comment on pricing now but I felt it was worth the extra money to step into a Malibu after demoing both and getting real pricing on both. YMMV. 

Fair enough.. my big cost upgrades were in stereo/Racks and I liked the look/lines better with the AXIS than the LSV, but I respect that the LSV overall is a more expensively rigged boat. What really made me pull the trigger was the updated dash and Bimini.. you may have changed your mind if it was a 2022.., I bought the axis because I liked the looks,  how I rigged it, and most importantly my use case.. grandpa driving my grown up kids and grandkids and watching them have fun on a surf boat.. :) I could care less about a few more horsepower, 1 inch more of wave, or having an extra hinge or whatever.. but for those who do care, I salute you! .. and honestly, I wish  I was younger so that would have mattered to me ;) 

• 3 months later...

What did you end up ordering? I went through the same dilemma and ended up with a new A24 and couldn’t be happier. The $50k difference didn’t seem worth it to me. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2021 at 11:05 PM, M8chris said:

What did you end up ordering? I went through the same dilemma and ended up with a new A24 and couldn’t be happier. The $50k difference didn’t seem worth it to me. 

How's the surf/wakeboard wave? Are you running just PNP or are you running extra lead? We're coming from a 2011 Malibu 247LSV so new to surf gate and new hull designs. Our 22 A24 came in but unfortunately it's off season here so boat is being stored at the dealer. Made 1st payment today and havent been on the water yet:frantic:

2 hours ago, Nemesis said:

How's the surf/wakeboard wave? Are you running just PNP or are you running extra lead? We're coming from a 2011 Malibu 247LSV so new to surf gate and new hull designs. Our 22 A24 came in but unfortunately it's off season here so boat is being stored at the dealer. Made 1st payment today and havent been on the water yet:frantic:

Haven’t tried the wakeboard wave yet but, the surf wave is amazing! Just running the PNP! You’ll love your a24