Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to clean dusty boat cover?

theloungelife

Hey all just wondering if anyone has experience getting the dust out of their cover.  My cover is leaving my boat incredibly dusty even though the exterior and interior are wiped down with boat bling products after every use.  I feel like it’s too big/ might get wrecked if I put it in a large laundry machine.  Maybe not though.  Anyone had this problem and figure out a solution?  For reference this is a 2013 A22 cover with the ratchet system.  

With the cover on (and tensioned), I mix dawn dish soap with water in a spray bottle then spray the cover, use a brush to brush the cover then power wash off with the broadest spray nozzle.  Works great.  Mine is a Sunbrella fabric, not a factory cover.  

• Like 2

with cover on tower  scrape all over it from back to front a yard blower nozzle all across  it  , then roll from stern to bow vacuuming it with wet vac brush top and bottom as you roll forwards as well as any dirt it transfers to boat while rolling forward  

I use a leaf blower every time BEFORE I take the cover off.  I am not convinced that it does any good, but it makes me feel better.  I also just washed my cover about a month ago in a commercial washing machine at a laundromat.  I used the larger of the 2 washer sizes that they had available and it was just fine.  Your cover should be a bit smaller so I would imagine that you could find a machine that would be suitable.

• Like 1

So I ended up going to laundromat and ran it through a delicate load in the big machine.  Ended up working great.  Didn't use any detergent.  That said, I could see that you wouldn't want to do it all the time.  A couple thread freyed a little bit.  Happy with the result overall.  

On 7/6/2021 at 4:23 PM, amartin said:

I use a leaf blower every time BEFORE I take the cover off.  I am not convinced that it does any good, but it makes me feel better.  I also just washed my cover about a month ago in a commercial washing machine at a laundromat.  I used the larger of the 2 washer sizes that they had available and it was just fine.  Your cover should be a bit smaller so I would imagine that you could find a machine that would be suitable.

leaf blower works especially in a just cleaned cover!