Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

27lsv confirmed 2023

The Hulk

On 7/4/2021 at 11:16 PM, The Hulk said:

Soooo pumped! Finally!

Probably going to wait on the pontoon now. 

Maybe it was smart letting the over 25 market be developed by several other brands however Malibu will literally crush the others on performance and especially price point. the other brands with 26/26.5 have to be shaking in their boots. They went out if their way to make larger boats for a market segment Malibu was not competing in. 

Consider getting a 27lsv for basically g23 pricing, sorry no comparison. Now consider it's way less compared to the 26-26.5 comp. Obviously it will need the big boy engine however apples to apples I suspect the 27lsv will be a 20-30k premium price point over the 25lsv with 22 person capacity. I doubt they will go yacht certified as Im pretty sure they will stick with 102 wide sadly as anything over is uncharted territory.

From their perspective it's an easy stretch of the 25 but I'm sure we'll get a walk through and they may add some higher end M Line options.

lots of folk on Larger lakes or who don't want two boats are going to appreciate this! 

I hope they give maybe 6" more bow space but keep majority of space in the rear. Maybe we'll get lucky with fully automatic raise/lowering swim platform? I'm sure SG will be longer by 6-8" and possibly need two actuators on each tab.

I'm sure more details will emerge in the coming Year!

buy an x26, just surfed s 2021 and it was amazing

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Pnwrider said:

Is it winter already?

A lot of people sold their boats for a huge profit and have nothing better to do now.

Malibu marketing dept just emailed a teaser vid on instagram. I would guess it's 27 by the outline and rear seats. Likely '23 model showing up in late '22.

57 minutes ago, Baggerlance said:

My son just called and said he needs half a mill for boat, a new truck to pull it, and gas money. :biggrin:

Tell him to go to work. 😂😂

• Like 2
On 7/6/2021 at 6:44 AM, shenard said:

Can’t wait to see it!  My guess is it will be pushing $210-220k because a loaded out ‘22 25LSV with LT4 and no stern drive is already over $180k! 

Please tell me where to get a loaded  ‘22 25LSV with LT4 for $180k?? That sounds like a great price compared to what I’ve seen! 🤔

• Like 3
1 hour ago, lovetosurf said:

Please tell me where to get a loaded  ‘22 25LSV with LT4 for $180k?? That sounds like a great price compared to what I’ve seen! 🤔

Even pre tax that sounds like an unrealistic price.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, rduke said:

Malibu marketing dept just emailed a teaser vid on instagram. I would guess it's 27 by the outline and rear seats. Likely '23 model showing up in late '22.

That's the new 25.

On 7/6/2021 at 10:37 AM, The Hulk said:

if any of you have upgraded in size would you ever go back? probably not unless forced.  

No, went from 21.6' to 24.6' and can't imagine going back.  When I am in 23 LSV's they seem cramped to me now!

• Like 2

I wouldn’t go back in size I don’t think, but also if this 27LSV is true (what is your source @The Hulk?), I also question what real demand would be for it.  Sure a few folks may want it, but when is the wave already big enough, if I am carrying 20 people a lot do I really care about riding given the time between individuals sets, and if I really want to cruise should I really be looking at a wakeboat?  I guess someone will always buy just to have the biggest out there but at some point this just seems like an odd package to me.  

Anyone know how well the new big boy Centurion is selling?

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

I wouldn’t go back in size I don’t think, but also if this 27LSV is true (what is your source @The Hulk?), I also question what real demand would be for it.  Sure a few folks may want it, but when is the wave already big enough, if I am carrying 20 people a lot do I really care about riding given the time between individuals sets, and if I really want to cruise should I really be looking at a wakeboat?  I guess someone will always buy just to have the biggest out there but at some point this just seems like an odd package to me.  

The RI265 has a line of people waiting on theirs to be built.  Have a friend that has been waiting for a spray date since last year, when he got it, it was pushed back 3-4 weeks and is supposed to ship this Friday.  We will see...

• Like 3
12 hours ago, hethj7 said:

My sources say it isn't.

• Like 3

I don't know why people think it is that big of a boat again it's the same size as your average pontoon now.. the most popular 25 foot pontoons are 27 or 27 and a half foot long plus engine... Most of which only hold 14 people on average with a tritoon package... 

I don't think it's necessarily an issue of capacity of persons versus room and comfort and amenities.. I would say 70% of folks on the lakes around here are two boat owners... And our Indiana lakes are small and comparison to up north and down south... 27 lsv would be a lot smoother cut through chop better and have a lot more usable room..