Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

27lsv confirmed 2023

The Hulk

Soooo pumped! Finally!

Probably going to wait on the pontoon now. 

Maybe it was smart letting the over 25 market be developed by several other brands however Malibu will literally crush the others on performance and especially price point. the other brands with 26/26.5 have to be shaking in their boots. They went out if their way to make larger boats for a market segment Malibu was not competing in. 

Consider getting a 27lsv for basically g23 pricing, sorry no comparison. Now consider it's way less compared to the 26-26.5 comp. Obviously it will need the big boy engine however apples to apples I suspect the 27lsv will be a 20-30k premium price point over the 25lsv with 22 person capacity. I doubt they will go yacht certified as Im pretty sure they will stick with 102 wide sadly as anything over is uncharted territory.

From their perspective it's an easy stretch of the 25 but I'm sure we'll get a walk through and they may add some higher end M Line options.

lots of folk on Larger lakes or who don't want two boats are going to appreciate this! 

I hope they give maybe 6" more bow space but keep majority of space in the rear. Maybe we'll get lucky with fully automatic raise/lowering swim platform? I'm sure SG will be longer by 6-8" and possibly need two actuators on each tab.

I'm sure more details will emerge in the coming Year!

22 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Waiting for the inevitable 29LSV thread... 

Now that one I'm sure they would go wide body! Epic! 

I'll settle for the 27 for now

Can’t wait to see it!  My guess is it will be pushing $210-220k because a loaded out ‘22 25LSV with LT4 and no stern drive is already over $180k! 

3 hours ago, shenard said:

Can’t wait to see it!  My guess is it will be pushing $210-220k because a loaded out ‘22 25LSV with LT4 and no stern drive is already over $180k! 

Exactly why it will sell because its crazy reasonable price point when compared to the other brands! G23 or 27lsv.. no brainer

Edited by The Hulk

Ok, honest question, why a 27 ft boat? I have a 240 and have never filled it to capacity(17), is there a demand for 20 or more people in a boat? Maybe I need more friends???  Seems like it would be a long day to get everyone surfed or boarded. 

• Like 2

Look this thing may even be f150 short distance towable. Laughs I know..I know..

A 25 lsv is what like 8k with a trailer? A 27lsv is only going to add 1-1.5k lbs max more.. granted an f250 is more appropriate and will be my justification to the better half..

Although I'm considering a stretched 6-door f250 so it's more proportional to the boat and so I can fit soon to be 4 kiddos in my vehicle.

With a 4th on the way the 25lsv is going to be way too cramped for us, I'll deal with it for next summer but then it's 27lsv for us.. 

3 minutes ago, qbeam said:

Ok, honest question, why a 27 ft boat? I have a 240 and have never filled it to capacity(17), is there a demand for 20 or more people in a boat? Maybe I need more friends???  Seems like it would be a long day to get everyone surfed or boarded. 

These boats are basically pontoons for a lot of people (vast majority) for the way they're used, let's be honest here. 

I'm curious if the big boy engine is going to really be enough for this application.

Edited by Jhucke
Just now, qbeam said:

if any of you have upgraded in size would you ever go back? probably not unless forced. 

there are a lot of folks who use their boats for other than water sports. We had a small sibling fallout heading out to the fireworks. 20ppl and 19 capacity... Someone broke cardinal lake rule of showing up with someone else without checking.. 

regardless we will be a family of 6, with oldest kiddo being 8 i would appreciate the extra room for moving around the boat, sandbar days, cruising etc. once you have more room you never want to go back.

look people think a 27lsv is huge? its the same size or less than your typical 25ft pontoon which is now 27-27.5ft depending on brand + engine length.  So your basically with platform the same as your average 25ft pontoon being pumped out by the thousands now! 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Jhucke said:

These boats are basically pontoons for a lot of people (vast majority) for the way they're used, let's be honest here. 

I'm curious if the big boy engine is going to really be enough for this application.

they plan to go with a higher gear ratio than whats offered with the big boy in the 25lsv. top end will be reduced a little but who cares. 

rear thruster is standard

Edited by The Hulk
19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Hulk...do you know when a link will be available for review??

30 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

22 or 23 model year?  Seems to be a lot of information for a 23...

not much info at this time but i doubt we would see it till actual 2023 year, so it could technically be a 24 (model year) who knows given the current supply chain issues.