Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gauges won’t work and no ignition

Was out on the lake driving, looked down and noticed my fuel gauge was showing empty. Boat was running fine and I knew I had a full tank. Silly me stoped the boat turn off and then couldn’t turn back on. All lights some on but nothing on the gauges work and a relay on the motor just clicks rapidly and I get no ignition. Any help would be great thank.

MalibuNation

What year and model of boat along with what engine?  Start with simple things like is it in neutral and what about the lanyard?

His is a wonderful no start write up:

4 hours ago, MalibuNation said:

What year and model of boat along with what engine?  Start with simple things like is it in neutral and what about the lanyard?

His is a wonderful no start write up:

Thanks you, the boat is a 2012 axis a20. The lanyard is fine. The gauges don’t boot up or come on. I get no read out on them at all not sure if it’s the ecu or Maby fuses near the ecu (I have not been able to find the fuse box) seems like there should be a fuse box near the ecu but cannot locate it yet but ppl have said on others ppl posts that there is fuses to protect the ecu fuel ignition and another but haven’t found them yet?

• Like 1
Just now, Peterhead said:

Thanks you, the boat is a 2012 axis a20. The lanyard is fine. The gauges don’t boot up or come on. I get no read out on them at all not sure if it’s the ecu or Maby fuses near the ecu (I have not been able to find the fuse box) seems like there should be a fuse box near the ecu but cannot locate it yet but ppl have said on others ppl posts that there is fuses to protect the ecu fuel ignition and another but haven’t found them yet?

The engine is the indmar 

MalibuNation

On my 2003 LS1 there's a red reset button near the ECU.

Also on my boat there is a row of fuse below the arm rest under the shifter.

The rapid clicking is probably your starter telling you that your batteries are dead.  Try a new battery or maybe jump the old one.  Cleaning the battery posts, starter terminals, engine grounds, etc. will also help a lot.

I think the motor is an ilmore 996691 if that helps. Tryed a charger on the battery and a booster still same issue. There is a red breaker switch near the starter motor seems to be out but I can not push it in any either so Maby it’s correct 

5 minutes ago, justgary said:

The rapid clicking is probably your starter telling you that your batteries are dead.  Try a new battery or maybe jump the old one.  Cleaning the battery posts, starter terminals, engine grounds, etc. will also help a lot.

Tryed a charger and a booster on the battery and same issue. The clicking is when ignition is in the on position not even trying to start the boat yet just on? It’s defiantly the center relay that clicks and I swapped the relays around as they are the same and always the center relay clicks