Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacement toggle switch 2013 axis a20

Does anyone know what the current replacement would be for the bow ballast toggle switch  on a 2013 Axis A20? The old switch is a Carling Industries 1238 R. They have changed to a different part numbering system apparently and I don’t know how to navigate that.  Talked to my dealer and he didn’t know what the replacement was. Thank y’all in advance for any help. 

18 hours ago, franknbeans said:

Does anyone know what the current replacement would be for the bow ballast toggle switch  on a 2013 Axis A20? The old switch is a Carling Industries 1238 R. They have changed to a different part numbering system apparently and I don’t know how to navigate that.  Talked to my dealer and he didn’t know what the replacement was. Thank y’all in advance for any help. 

Posting a photo of the switch in question might help others help you.

Did you call Carling and ask them for the new part number?

I have reached out to Carling as well. Left a couple messages and an email to follow up with no replies yet. Trying to figure out how to upload picture. It just shows 1238R and has 5 connections I believe. 

8 hours ago, franknbeans said:

It just shows 1238R and has 5 connections I believe.

I asked because I assumed you are trying to match a specific look.  Not everyone here has ever seen your dash, but they might be good at finding parts.

Instructions for posting photos are in a sticky post at the top of one of the forums.

21 hours ago, franknbeans said:

I have reached out to Carling as well. Left a couple messages and an email to follow up with no replies yet. Trying to figure out how to upload picture. It just shows 1238R and has 5 connections I believe. 

not available as a carling switch online,  even the non LED ones!!! and yours is the LED version,  @COOP can help, be grateful its not the toggle switch for set speed or you have to buy whole control panel including ignition!

Thank you guys for the responses. Carling got back to me and the switch is p/n  LT-1561-601-012. I referenced their site and it is the right switch. I don’t know why, but the dealer has the rocker style switches listed as the replacement for the 2010-2014’s and all of mine are regular toggles. @granddaddy55 good info about the set speed toggle. Hope that doesn’t go out anytime soon. 

4 hours ago, franknbeans said:

Thank you guys for the responses. Carling got back to me and the switch is p/n  LT-1561-601-012. I referenced their site and it is the right switch. I don’t know why, but the dealer has the rocker style switches listed as the replacement for the 2010-2014’s and all of mine are regular toggles. @granddaddy55 good info about the set speed toggle. Hope that doesn’t go out anytime soon. 

you dont have the  LED LIGHT  on end of switch as below?