Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sitting in the back while wake surfing

Delpiero

The lady from McDonald’s dropped her coffee  into her lap because it was so hot and it caused second degree burns through her clothes. The argument wasn’t as to whether it warned her it would be hot. The argument was why are they serving something too hot to be consumed. 

Rules are there whether we like them or not, no matter how outdated they may seem. It’s not a designated seat by Malibu therefore can’t be used as such while the boat is underway. I also sit in it while teaching people how to get up and move back to the boat once they have figured it out but if stopped by the police I would gladly take my ticket and not argue with them as it generally leads to more tickets. 

• Like 3
On 7/3/2021 at 10:21 AM, Delpiero said:

A year ago we got pulled over by the coastguards because someone was sitting on the rear seats next to the swim platform.

Safety corners or some bs from Nevada state.. what's really the issue? I find it almost impossible to get hurt at 10mph or even hit the propeller.

is it an outdated law? I would be a bit skeptical about a self-driving 1967 Chevy Impala but have no problems with a Tesla is it too hard to keep up?

what do you guys think about this one?

The seating chart found on the cockpit safety decals and in the owners manual for your boat are pretty clear on where passengers can be safely seated while operating the boat.  If you haven't looked over your owners manual, maybe you really should. 

Taking a USCG or US Power Squadrons safety course would also be a great idea and it is even required in some states, like Nevada.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, justgary said:

In the case of McDonald's coffee, the lady should have been expected to know that putting hot coffee in her lap had the potential to end poorly

"Fake" news manipulated for the "conservative". McDonald's had served the coffee at 190 degrees f after having 700 complaints over the last decade, with internal memos previously acknowledging the coffee was too hot. And the Plantiff, a 79 year old woman who had experienced significant 3rd degree burns only filed suit for her medical bills, $20k.

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

• Like 2
4 hours ago, csleaver said:

The seating chart found on the cockpit safety decals and in the owners manual for your boat are pretty clear on where passengers can be safely seated while operating the boat.  If you haven't looked over your owners manual, maybe you really should. 

Taking a USCG or US Power Squadrons safety course would also be a great idea and it is even required in some states, like Nevada.

Just Gona leave these right here. Know your states laws. That seat in bow in front of the driver is illegal while under way in some states. Got pulled over years ago and issued a warning. 

6D7BEBBD-7B7F-450A-AD74-F4B0D2A3C5AB.png

87261AB5-1AA9-4D71-BBE2-382E32536014.png

• Like 1

I would agree that it is important to know the laws in the area you are boating.  Although the seating chart Malibu provides may help to prevent injury to the passengers it may not cover the legal places to sit according to the laws in every state.  If Malibu included all the state laws in the owners manual you could probably print it out and use it for additional ballast.