Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 247 Wont stay running....

Hello all. My 2012 247 dies immediately upon start up. The boat will start, screens will flash, and the boat will die. If I repeatedly try to start the boat, it will run (sometimes). Anyone else have this issue? I updated both the Viper and touch screens, but no luck. I've seen similar posts of boats dying while driving etc, but none like what I am experiencing here. Any info would be much appreciated. thanks

You might want to put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail to see if the fuel pressure is constant.  A parts house might loan or rent one to you, but they are pretty cheap if you have to buy one.

I didn't think about that, but it seems that wouldn't cause the screens to shut off would it? I'll check the fuel pressure, I have a gauge. 

4 minutes ago, Jpeak said:

I didn't think about that, but it seems that wouldn't cause the screens to shut off would it? I'll check the fuel pressure, I have a gauge. 

Sorry, I missed that screens flash means they shut off.  You may have a loose power connection.  Key switch, safety lanyard, battery, etc.

When i used to hit a large wave this would happen to me, i changed the power button near the touch screen and problem was solved.

Sharpag01, did your screens flash, then shut off when this would happen? Would you eventually be able to get the boat running again? I dropped it off at the dealer this morning, hopefully they will find the issue for me. thanks for the response.

Yes everything would shut off, screens included.  They would boot back up and I could start the boat.  I read some where on this site to change the power button.  So I ordered one on Amazon and it seems to be fixed, Ive hit some massive rollers and haven't had the boat die on me since.

Well, I took it to the dealership for a few other fixes as well, but the power button was the reason the boat would shut off and not start back. Glad it's fixed, thanks for the help!