Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A22 with M6 prop choices

My 2021 should be inbound in the next week and we have a big trip just a few weeks out that will be very remote. I am starting to look into purchasing an extra prop so our week does not get held up in case of a prop strike. I was hoping to have the boat for awhile to be able to see how it reacts with the stock prop to help in the decision of what to buy but its staking up that we will break it in, have one weekend to play and then off to vacation. With props in short supply I am trying to get something ordered so I have it in time once they come back in stock.

I ordered my boat with the "stock prop" which is an 2277. We will mainly cruise (25%) and split surfing with a mix of wakeboarding. We only run heavy ballast when we surf. Wake makers recommends the 2277 for general use and the 3407 for low speed performance. We will boat in Nebraska/Kansas/Iowa so elevation is not a concern.

Questions;

Anyone have experience with the A22/M6/2277 combo?

How about A22/M6/3407?

Any other suggestions?

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2021 A22 with the M6 and 2277 prop. Running stock plus pnp bags and about 400# of lead with 6 people we’ve had no issues. About to drop another 400# of lead in. Just make sure you have wedge down in lift mode and you should be good. 
I’m loving the power of the M6 in this boat. 

with that said I do have an extra 2249 prop I have as a spare. If/when prop gets bent out I’ll try that one out. I just think it will get worse on gas. 

On 7/16/2021 at 6:41 PM, breakz77 said:

I have a 2021 A22 with the M6 and 2277 prop. Running stock plus pnp bags and about 400# of lead with 6 people we’ve had no issues. About to drop another 400# of lead in. Just make sure you have wedge down in lift mode and you should be good. 
I’m loving the power of the M6 in this boat. 

with that said I do have an extra 2249 prop I have as a spare. If/when prop gets bent out I’ll try that one out. I just think it will get worse on gas. 

I’ve been talking with Acme and they have actually recommended the 2247/2249 to help bring the RPM’s down further than they are. 

10 hours ago, ndahlberg12 said:

I’ve been talking with Acme and they have actually recommended the 2247/2249 to help bring the RPM’s down further than they are. 

Good to know. Next time I pull it off of my hoist I’ll swap it out and report the results.