Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

help problem indmar engine

hello to all , I come back for a problem ...engine has failures and does not go up in regime to 3000 turns...indmar hammerhead 365 ignition Ok fuel filter OK Spark plug OK engine smokes a little at slow and smells gasoline... I think the pressure regulator .. What do you think?? Thanks, folks

Edited by Charlotte2
1 hour ago, Charlotte2 said:

hello to all , I come back for a problem ...engine has failures and does not go up in regime to 3000 turns...indmar hammerhead 365 ignition Ok fuel filter OK Spark plug OK engine smokes a little at slow and smells gasoline... I think the pressure regulator .. What do you think?? Thanks, folks

I forgot.. 8 new candles but black, and 8 new injectors.. thank you

what is the fuel pressure at key on, at idle, at at wide open (or 3000 rpms if that is as fast as it goes)?

high fuel pressure is a sign of a bad fuel pressure regulator

15 minutes ago, Bozboat said:

what is the fuel pressure at key on, at idle, at at wide open (or 3000 rpms if that is as fast as it goes)?

high fuel pressure is a sign of a bad fuel pressure regulator

thank you for your answer but I have no machine to measure ... difficult to find in France .. I am looking for how to prove that the regulator is hs ..

thank you for your answer but I have no machine to measure ... difficult to find in France .. I am looking for how to prove that the regulator is hs ..

Well, if you cannot get a fuel pressure gauge, the next suggestion is to replace the fuel pressure regulator and see if that fixes it.   The cost of buying a fuel pressure gauge is small here I could ship you mine but don’t know how long that would take from Texas. 

Edited by Bozboat
32 minutes ago, Bozboat said:

Eh bien, si vous ne pouvez pas obtenir une jauge de pression de carburant, la prochaine suggestion est de remplacer le régulateur de pression de carburant et de voir si cela le résout. Le coût d'achat d'un manomètre à carburant est faible ici,  je pourrais vous envoyer le mien, mais je ne sais pas combien de temps cela prendrait du Texas. 

Ithank you it's very nice .. i will try to get myself ... otherwise you know how many model psi for indmar .. Apart from the pressure regulator I do not see what could be involved with the symptoms. thanks again

2 hours ago, Bozboat said:

did you get the boat working?

Hello, yes I did shot and check the spark plugs and two split again. i replaced them and it runs ... but smokes in idle and smells like gasoline. I put a new pressure regulator and the same. I will receive a new MAP tomorrow to try ... thank you

Hello, yes I did shot and check the spark plugs and two split again. i replaced them and it runs ... but smokes in idle and smells like gasoline. I put a new pressure regulator and the same. I will receive a new MAP tomorrow to try ... thank you

What color is the smoke?  I suspect that you have a spark problem.  Perhaps your coil is weak, or your spark plug wires are bad?

You should be able to test the MAP sensor with a volt meter while it is in the circuit on the engine.  Measure the voltage with key on/engine off and again with engine idling.

6 hours ago, justgary said:

What color is the smoke?  I suspect that you have a spark problem.  Perhaps your coil is weak, or your spark plug wires are bad?

You should be able to test the MAP sensor with a volt meter while it is in the circuit on the engine.  Measure the voltage with key on/engine off and again with engine idling.

yes the MAP sensor is a little better .. the spark plug wires are OK .. for the coil how to test it? I have another but old model mercruiser with pod +/-