Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help me value my boat? 2015 23 LSV

MWJ68

spacer.png

I have a 2015 23 LSV.

Excellent Condition, roughly 225hrs.  Monsoon 410. Long story short my wife really doesn't enjoy lake time. I'm getting tired of either dragging her with me or trying to find friends to join me on the lake. I wasn't considering selling at all until I saw the prices boats are going for. 

Any experienced dealers have an opinion on asking price in this market?

Edited by MWJ68

I know my buddy just sold his 2014 247lsv w ls3 in about a week for his $99k asking price.  I would bet that you would have no problem getting $105ish, maybe even $110k if you sell before the 4th of July.  $120k+ seems to be where the 25lsv’s are starting out.  I think I saw a 2018 25lsv on only inboards in may going for $130k and that was considered a great deal at the time.  Glws or divorce 😉

Edited by PNWoke
Mistaken year

Man I feel sorry for these people buying 7 year old boats for 100K. Hope they are paying cash, or they are going to end up with a pile of problems when the market revalues that boat for 50% less in a few years. This is the worst case of financial denial I have ever seen in my life.

Edited by Sride
  • Like 3
52 minutes ago, Sride said:

Man I feel sorry for these people buying 7 year old boats for 100K. Hope they are paying cash, or they are going to end up with a pile of problems when the market revalues that boat for 50% less in a few years. This is the worst case of financial denial I have ever seen in my life.

People keep saying there is going to be a huge dip in the near future. I don’t see it. The way new prices are going up, I see no reason why used won’t stay high. Maybe not what they are currently, but when a 2022 is $20k  + more than a 2021, I don’t see a 2015 going for $50k anytime soon. 

49 minutes ago, RyanB said:

People keep saying there is going to be a huge dip in the near future. I don’t see it. The way new prices are going up, I see no reason why used won’t stay high. Maybe not what they are currently, but when a 2022 is $20k  + more than a 2021, I don’t see a 2015 going for $50k anytime soon. 

I’m in your camp. The MSRP for a moderately well equipped 2022 23 LSV is going to start with a 2 from now on.

Edit: Is it crazy? Yes. But not transitory…

Edited by NWBU

The interest rates are coming, and it’s what is holding up the entire capital (and ROC) structure of this company. You can’t sustain 15-20 year record inflation, it’s just not going to happen.

Yes, year over year on Q1 the sales are up 5+% at the current MSRP offerings, but I continue to ask myself "why are they up"? As long as you can make payment arrangements at 4.5% rates for 15-20 years then consumers will continue to buy products. Even Malibu had to make a full draw on its revolving credit facility of $100MM to weather the recent chop. I believe the finance guys at Malibu said it best:

Risk Factors, page 18, "In addition, consumers often finance purchases of our boats and accordingly, consumer credit market conditions can influence demand for our boats. If credit conditions worsen, which could occur in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and adversely affect the ability of consumers to finance potential purchases at acceptable terms and interest rates, it could result in a decrease in the sales of our products." 

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, we are all adults and can place our bets at the table. Life is short. These products create family memories, I get it, but at some point there is going to be an unforeseen market event that is going to take inflated consumer products out to the ocean and sink them.

Edited by Sride
  • Like 4

23LSV market has nearly tanked.    You’d be lucky to get a quarter of what you paid.    Those colors don’t help either.   

I’d be glad to help you out of such a situation and give you half of your purchase price.    :))

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I suggest asking at least what you paid for it if not more. I sold a 2008 in early spring this year and got more than I paid for it in 2010.  And I had 4 or 5 line up likely ready to give me a bidding war, but that's not my style.

formulaben
On 6/28/2021 at 12:44 PM, MWJ68 said:

Long story short my wife really doesn't enjoy lake time. I'm getting tired of either dragging her with me or trying to find friends to join me on the lake.

This is perhaps the saddest of all posts in TMS history.

• Sad 3