Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge slightly dropping down on it own

I searched around and could not find anything on this one...I think. 

I have 2014 LSV and the wedge works great when in use. I notice though that sometimes when the wedge is up(storage position) and I am driving around, it starts to drop slightly...maybe to 10-20%. 

Also, it is now on the lift and I noticed it was at 20% or so down. Any ideas? Is this a sign that the rams are going bad?  Is that what they are called? 

Or, is it a calibration thing? I have only had this boat for 1 summer so still learning all the "fancy stuff". My last one was an '07.

Thanks for any input. 

Check the wedge bracket and make sure there are no loose, broken, or missing hardware on the actuators or the adjusters on the top of the bracket.

If it is an intermittent electrical issue, the wedge down fuse or the inline Lenco box fuse can be removed from the power module under the dash to see if it is a potential problem with the touch screen, power module, Lenco controller, or boat harness.  When the power module fuse is removed the touch screen cannot make the wedge move.  When the inline Lenco fuse is removed the power module and lenco controller cannot make the wedge move.  That can at least eliminate if the touch screen is causing the issue of not.

Thanks for the input. I looked a bit closer, with some direction from my Mailbu service guys. Looks like a darn critter slightly started to chew on the actuator wires. Fortunately they stopped early enough, and only got the top wire cover. Going to reseal it all and cram in some marine silicone between the wires...my cheap fix. We will see how long it lasts. 

On 7/1/2021 at 9:23 AM, SteveB said:

Thanks for the input. I looked a bit closer, with some direction from my Mailbu service guys. Looks like a darn critter slightly started to chew on the actuator wires. Fortunately they stopped early enough, and only got the top wire cover. Going to reseal it all and cram in some marine silicone between the wires...my cheap fix. We will see how long it lasts. 

Some stainless braided sheath might be good to consider in the future.