Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Ramp photos

Bozboat

1 hour ago, Bozboat said:

Maybe a thread for the unusual sightings at the local boat ramp

here is mine today

036BAE41-0EBE-428B-B350-9785C4EAB8B5.jpeg

Looks like they could have up to a two horsepower motor....

18 minutes ago, justgary said:

Looks like they could have up to a two horsepower motor....

17 minutes ago, justgary said:

You might need some ground rules, or this will quickly fill with cross posts from The Qualified Captain....

idk, maybe no reposts from ramp champ and qualified captain, just original stuff one of us encountered at a boat ramp. Original stories like the shirtless sperry adventure or just photos of the oddities, like the two horsepower boat or the Texas Water Polo Team.

Edited by Bozboat
  • Like 2

I deleted the photo from my phone as I didn't really feel right taking it as close as I was, but last weekend I watched (I was next in line) as husband/wife take forever to launch.   He finally backed down, got in the boat, and took it over to the courtesy dock.  She got out of the truck so I thought for sure she'd at least pull the truck out of the water at that point to get out of the way. No dice.....she just stood by the driver's door, waited for hubby to walk back over, and then jumped in with him to go park.  My pride wouldn't let me or my wife be those people at the ramp.   Hey, whether male or female, if you aren't comfortable doing any of it, so be it.  But at least save face and stay in the vehicle instead of getting my hopes up you may actually move out of the way.  He also tied to the inside of the courtesy ramp while they parked :Doh:

On 6/27/2021 at 7:53 PM, Bozboat said:

036BAE41-0EBE-428B-B350-9785C4EAB8B5.jpeg

Probably backed it in the water to wash the crap out of it. I hate it when they go to the car wash to clean out and don't rinse it down the drain, just leave a huge mess for the next guy.

2 hours ago, Bozboat said:

Could be a way of carrying a jet ski

And the jet ski is a great way to wash the crap out of the trailer.  Win/win.

1 minute ago, John I. said:

Not everyone at the lake owns a boat.

horse power.jpg

Strange.  I didn't know that you could wakeboard behind something with only one horsepower...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We came in about 9:30 tonight with plenty of light left and there was one other boat (like a 16' runabout) already at the loading dock waiting for the trailer.  with a decent breeze I put the over under at 20 minutes.  The over won.  It was pitch black before our turn.  At one point their boat was completely sideways on the trailer with 2 guys and a girl most just staring at it scratching their heads.  Sorry, no pics.  If I hadn't left my phone in the boat glove box I would have risked a video.  

Edited by jjackkrash
  • 10 months later...

This was not at the boat ramp, but I came across this yesterday on my way back to the lake.  We must have just missed it as we were only a few cars back.  My wife was driving and it looked like a bunch of people trying to help lift the pontoon back up on the trailer.  I got out to try to help but by the time I got up there it was taken care of.  Appeared they lifted the one side of the boat and pulled the trailer out from under the boat.  Not sure what happened after this or how they got it out of the road, but my neighbor went by shortly after and said it was gone.  I am not so sure this was strapped down at all.  They were towing it with a 2 door Jeep Wrangler (older body style, maybe 90's).

2A6CEBB8-4625-427C-AE12-1E42F84DA463.thumb.jpeg.306d04b6f871eae3b6633b7cd1c226ae.jpeg

382B8334-BEB9-42E2-997A-39D6F6DAFD32.thumb.jpeg.987287eb54c74dde61e2b1574b8e79e4.jpeg

DF95E9A0-FED8-47AB-9548-942EC09CA8EE.thumb.jpeg.6184a69e90ae659958d41ab0a7bb17b8.jpeg

• Like 1
On 5/16/2022 at 5:20 PM, Hemmy said:

This was not at the boat ramp, but I came across this yesterday on my way back to the lake.  We must have just missed it as we were only a few cars back.  My wife was driving and it looked like a bunch of people trying to help lift the pontoon back up on the trailer.  I got out to try to help but by the time I got up there it was taken care of.  Appeared they lifted the one side of the boat and pulled the trailer out from under the boat.  Not sure what happened after this or how they got it out of the road, but my neighbor went by shortly after and said it was gone.  I am not so sure this was strapped down at all.  They were towing it with a 2 door Jeep Wrangler (older body style, maybe 90's).

2A6CEBB8-4625-427C-AE12-1E42F84DA463.thumb.jpeg.306d04b6f871eae3b6633b7cd1c226ae.jpeg

382B8334-BEB9-42E2-997A-39D6F6DAFD32.thumb.jpeg.987287eb54c74dde61e2b1574b8e79e4.jpeg

DF95E9A0-FED8-47AB-9548-942EC09CA8EE.thumb.jpeg.6184a69e90ae659958d41ab0a7bb17b8.jpeg

Scissor trailer - drop the deck, back under the boat and crank it up.  They are tippy as heck to tow and hard to tie down to effectively

2 hours ago, bigskydoc said:

2" ball, 2 5/16" Hitch?

Think he forgot to snap down the ball lock! Happened at holter lake, while I was waiting in my boat for my my wife to come back from parking our truck and trailer. Thought it was gonna go off the end of the dock, until it went sideways.