Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help, how to gain access to Ballast discharge pumps on 2005 Wakesetter vlx

philgrady

I can not figure out how to access the discharge pump which stopped working today.  Fuse seems OK , Last time out it didn't work at first, then kicked it when under power.  Now nothing.   Is there a way to get the floor panels up under the rear lockers without taking the whole engine compartment out.  I appears there is a small raised box in the forward part of the locker but no apparent way to remove it.

t there are water hoses dropping below deck through this raised box, but I thought the pumps are stern of the tanks.  Help please.  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2007 VLX and had to remove the rear floor panels and there are some hidden screws you have to remove in order to get the panel out (there are some hidden under the seat frame).  If I remember correctly, the same thing is necessary on your boat (I used to have a 2005 VLX).  Here are some pictures showing some of the "hidden" screws on my 2007 that might help you.  FYI, I wound up cutting the end of the panel off so I have easy access the rear ballast drain pumps by removing just 1 screw.

boatFloor1.jpg

boatFloor2.jpg

rearBallastAccess.jpg

Edited by rothoveb
Added some detail